+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Evans has left the Posh

Steve Evans has left the Posh

...and his backroom staff with him, according to Talksport Radio. I don't think he will be returning to us though, if interview with Tony Stewart on Radio DeeDah recently is anything to go on.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 26-01-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    ...and his backroom staff with him, according to Talksport Radio. I don't think he will be returning to us though, if interview with Tony Stewart on Radio DeeDah recently is anything to go on.

With Posh placed in the play-offs? On the face of it, seems an odd decision

Very strange. Can't think of any lower league clubs with cash to burn looking for a manager? Would I have him back here? Yes. Now? No.

Some fans said they weren’t consistent and glad he’s gone.

6th in league

He’s probably upset someone

Barry fry n Steve Evans sharing a cuddle. Sumat has to give

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Some fans said they weren’t consistent and glad he’s gone.

6th in league

He’s probably upset someone

Done another “Clarkson”

Should have stayed at Mansfield think he could have done something with them.

The lure of Posh was always there as he said it was one club he had always yearned to manage. Probably down to money and him wanting to bring in yet more players for the final push on promotion.

Posh made a shed load of money out of selling Marriott to Derby and the other player? who also fetched in a few million. Suppose Evo thought he would be using some of that to strengthen the side and it hasn't panned out that way. Ah well, he fulfilled his wish to manage Posh but now what?

Darren Ferguson coming in to replace him, until the end of the season...
    Mansfield looked good when we played them in that pe-season friendly, so not a shock that they are doing well.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 26-01-2019 at 08:46 PM.

I absolutely get why we could never get evans back. Every rational bone in my body tells me why we couldn't do it.

But, but, but, he's like that old bird you had who used to do things that none of your subsequent women have dared to try!

He just makes things happen. He gets results. Dare I say it, he makes us fun to watch 😕

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    I absolutely get why we could never get evans back. Every rational bone in my body tells me why we couldn't do it.

But, but, but, he's like that old bird you had who used to do things that none of your subsequent women have dared to try!

He just makes things happen. He gets results. Dare I say it, he makes us fun to watch ��
    So let me get his right, gkotw...when one of your old birds does things that subsequent women haven't dared to try, it makes the two of you fun to watch?

I'm sure you're right but just don't pass any photos round on here, please...

(Fully agree with your point, by the way!)
    Last edited by CTMilller; 26-01-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast