+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounds you can't like

Grounds you can't like

For some reason I find Deepdale a depressing hole. It's like a retirement home for old girders.
    Just one I really will avoid.

Many years ago now - but didn't like Selhurst Park - awful seating in the older stand for bigger blokes like me - and the setting wasn't that pretty either

Old Deepdale was a hovel, redeveloped Deepdale I think is quite a classy ground.
    I'm not a fan of Griffin Park, especially the current away end. Won't have to go there again though.

Derby, Preston, Gillingham and Southend

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    For some reason I find Deepdale a depressing hole. It's like a retirement home for old girders.
    Just one I really will avoid.
    Crash here's a funny one for yer. Walking down Masborough Street today and overheard a Leeds fan say, ' I wish we were turning up to the right to Millmoor, a right good old ground not like this s.hithole they've got now'

It raised a smile for me....

What?

No mention of Hillsborough?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Crash here's a funny one for yer. Walking down Masborough Street today and overheard a Leeds fan say, ' I wish we were turning up to the right to Millmoor, a right good old ground not like this s.hithole they've got now'

It raised a smile for me....
    Ah yes the irony. Elland rd is awful. Dreadful view from the away end and there's be no modernisation to three sides of their ground.

Milwall iis never a pleasant experience and locals will be buoyed after this evenings result

Flour, funnily enough I too thought of Elland Road and how outdated it really is. Not far off a par with Swillsbro.

Brin first went to millmoor when I was 10.
    1964. Twas a **** hole then but loved it

There's plenty wrong with Hillsborough but it's up there with Goodison Park as one of the few remaining 'classic' grounds that have largely evaded modernisation. There aren't enough big old fashioned stadiums around anymore.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast