+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Guardian on Alan Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Fine by me, let them gloat as much as they want if that's what floats their boat. The bit I take issue with is you stating "so many other clubs hate/ despise Notts County". I don't think there are many at all.
    Exactly right. No other club has any feelings either way about Notts County.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Where does that come from? I don't think we're hated or despised at all apart from the usual handful of keyboard warriors that every club seems to attract. In my experience the vast majority of footy fans look at us with a bemused sense of pity, wondering like most of us just how this club has managed to sink so low.
    Exactly this. Apart from a vocal minority/majority (I honestly don't know) of Mansfield fans, nobody hates us. Most Forest fans just have that 'beg at my table and I'll give you some scraps, if you're a good boy' attitude (like the author of this piece), but it's more arrogance than hatred. And in the wider footballing world, I'd say we are viewed by many as a friendly, traditional, family club with a rather unique heritage. I think most football fans would be sad at what's happening to us - watch how the national media reacts if/when we go down.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 27-01-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Whoever wrote it puts Notts in a very poor light. Agree with Swale's comments. I've been trying to give Hardy the benefit of the doubt. I can't any longer. The fact is it's a national newspaper and Hardy is featured for the wrong reasons. He's invited criticism by his behaviour, undignified manner and lack of management ability.
    I have no intention of watching non league "football". I've told him that, by letter. His reply? "Neither have I". He may have to I won't.

Should Hardy preside over the sinking of the Stylish Titanic, what thoughts on whether his businesses would suffer/feel the repercussions from local Nottm folk?

Have just got around to reading the article and to be fair I have absolutely no issue with any of it. Maybe a few smatterings of red dog arrogance in places but on the whole nothing any of us didn’t already know.

Hardy probably still has the resources to cut his losses and run for the hills, ie the safe and known world of interior design, and then put this all behind him. Unfortunately in doing so Notts will fold and he will never be able to avoid the ignominy of being the man who was at the helm when our great club drew its last breath.

Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    When you gloat / revel in other people’s misery it’s not surprising when then they revel in yours
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Whoever wrote it puts Notts in a very poor light. Agree with Swale's comments. I've been trying to give Hardy the benefit of the doubt. I can't any longer. The fact is it's a national newspaper and Hardy is featured for the wrong reasons. He's invited criticism by his behaviour, undignified manner and lack of management ability.
    I have no intention of watching non league "football". I've told him that, by letter. His reply? "Neither have I". He may have to I won't.
    At least you got a reply. I wrote to the club a couple of times last year about money raising opportunities. No response at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Exactly right. No other club has any feelings either way about Notts County.
    Is it just me or does any other Notts fan on here find this comment condescending and dismissive ?
    Stagnificent many of your fans have a lot of “care” about us. You’re flying at the moment and obviously enjoy coming on here with your superior attitude but don’t kid yourself that many of your fans arent enjoying our demise and consider us rivals.
    If we did this you lot would say we are arrogant, well staggy you are just that.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Have just got around to reading the article and to be fair I have absolutely no issue with any of it. Maybe a few smatterings of red dog arrogance in places but on the whole nothing any of us didn’t already know.

No problem with it either, good article on El narcissist.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Is it just me or does any other Notts fan on here find this comment condescending and dismissive ?
    Stagnificent many of your fans have a lot of “care” about us. You’re flying at the moment and obviously enjoy coming on here with your superior attitude but don’t kid yourself that many of your fans arent enjoying our demise and consider us rivals.
    If we did this you lot would say we are arrogant, well staggy you are just that.
    I thought he was being sarcastic, on account of the fact they seem to be extremely interested in what's going on at our club. Either that or a spectacular lack of self awareness.

There is loads of clubs that hate notts think back to notts fans waving £20 notes in the air in the fake munto days.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast