+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Guardian on Alan Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    He does not deserve all the bad and fowl-mouthed comments
    He only gets them cos his head is egg shaped. In other words, easter blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinola View Post
    I’d like him to just admit he’s not made out for this kind of thing and public life in general.

Yes he bought the club and his intentions were sound - club to progress along with his own ego to be stroked at the same time. Isn’t that what football ownership is all about?

However the result of his tenure has not been satisfactuary, and I’d hope he’d admit that too. I hope that he sees that there are only two ways out of this, stay on as owner but take a less active role and appoint somebody to run the club. The second option is to look for a buyer and leave with good grace. If he went for this option he’d still be wise to employ somebody to run the club.

I think the argument about Alan Hardy is too polarised, it’s either he has to go or he’s our saviour. I believe that there is a way for him to stay and be successful, but only if he takes more of a back seat and let somebody take the reigns going forward.

What I will say though is that if we are relegated that will be a burden for him to carry.
    His ego won't allow that, he is a fantasist who clambers for adoration. Leopards can't change and all that....

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Hardy probably still has the resources to cut his losses and run for the hills, ie the safe and known world of interior design, and then put this all behind him. Unfortunately in doing so Notts will fold and he will never be able to avoid the ignominy of being the man who was at the helm when our great club drew its last breath.
    2017 accounts show his profits after interest and tax down to £40,000 in the year from £2,312,000 the previous year. 2018 accounts not yet filed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Sorry TD, but he can't win here can he?
    Notts fans have had a good belly laugh in the past at Mansfield. They certainly didn't consider Mansfield rivals when they were non - league.

So as for "consider us rivals" it's all relative. If Mansfield go up and Notts go down, what are you then?
    If a Forest fan doesn't consider you a rival, he/she is arrogant and condescending. It hurts your feelings that he/she doesn't return it.
    Sorry, but get over it. When any teams compete on the same level, they are rivals until then, they aren't.
    Does a Tranmere fan feel bitter at Liverpool /Everton?
    In fact you'll struggle to find a Liverpool fan feeling ill will to an Everton fan. They would and do enjoy a victory over ManU much more.
    Belly laught at Mansfield ? Think you’d have to go back a while for that. Can’t remember many on here gloating when they went out the league and I certainly didn’t. Why would you enjoy the chance of losing a big crowd every season we are in the same league ?
    There’s rivalry amongst most teams local to each other no matter which league they’re in such as the never ending pi$$ taking most Notts fans have endured for many years from your lot.
    The only thing that “hurts my feelings” is our league position and certainly not stagnificents superiority complex.
    Also maybe he’d like to answer himself rather than you speaking for him ? Oh I forgot Stags and Forest now besties.

When Trew put us up for sale, I didn't see any other potential buyers willing to sink money in to the club ans save it from extinction. Things havent worked out as planned or hoped for but everything Hardy has done has been with the best intentions for Notts. He is does not deserve all the bad and fowl-mouthed comments. He is a Notts fan who has tried his best, sadly his best wasn't good enough. Give him a break.
    There were others but Trew wanted out asap,infact RT said Hardy didn,t have the funds to run a club & wouldn.t even entertain him at the begining.This is all well known & reported on Radio Red at the time

Very biased article sagging off our chairman for traffic offences, whilst the chairman of his club is being investigated for far more serious offences.

He is a Notts fan who has tried his best, sadly his best wasn't good enough.
    Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Two football club owners. One owns a smaller club and has made a bit of a cock up of it. The other owns a bigger club, has drug trafficking allegations hanging over him and has been in the mix for lots of other stuff. Which one should a national football journalist write about? It’s like a copper nicking someone for shoplifting but ignoring the armed robbery going on next door.
    Quite right. Very well put.

Quote Originally Posted by bohinen View Post
    quite literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    2017 accounts show his profits after interest and tax down to £40,000 in the year from £2,312,000 the previous year. 2018 accounts not yet filed.
    Thanks to Notts I presume. Which of his companies' accounts is that from?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast