+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Guardian on Alan Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Should Hardy preside over the sinking of the Stylish Titanic, what thoughts on whether his businesses would suffer/feel the repercussions from local Nottm folk?
    No, they are business to business operators. Their customers couldn't give a flying f*** about Notts, they want the best deal. This is the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I still staggered at the sheer bolox of a Forest fan writing that about the Notts owner. On the Forest owners Wikipedia entry, there’s a paragraph titled “drug trafficking”. Never mind our scoreboard, write a f00king article about that first.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I 'shared' your post with Daniel, BFP. That's me banned from his Tw@tter account.
    Good for you Gumpster!

I still staggered at the sheer bolox of a Forest fan writing that about the Notts owner. On the Forest owners Wikipedia entry, there’s a paragraph titled “drug trafficking”. Never mind our scoreboard, write a f00king article about that first.
    what does it matter if he's a Forest fan ? it matters because half the well written article concerns 'big AL's' fk up with regard loaning players from them.

When Trew put us up for sale, I didn't see any other potential buyers willing to sink money in to the club ans save it from extinction. Things havent worked out as planned or hoped for but everything Hardy has done has been with the best intentions for Notts. He is does not deserve all the bad and fowl-mouthed comments. He is a Notts fan who has tried his best, sadly his best wasn't good enough. Give him a break.

I’d like him to just admit he’s not made out for this kind of thing and public life in general.

Yes he bought the club and his intentions were sound - club to progress along with his own ego to be stroked at the same time. Isn’t that what football ownership is all about?

However the result of his tenure has not been satisfactuary, and I’d hope he’d admit that too. I hope that he sees that there are only two ways out of this, stay on as owner but take a less active role and appoint somebody to run the club. The second option is to look for a buyer and leave with good grace. If he went for this option he’d still be wise to employ somebody to run the club.

I think the argument about Alan Hardy is too polarised, it’s either he has to go or he’s our saviour. I believe that there is a way for him to stay and be successful, but only if he takes more of a back seat and let somebody take the reigns going forward.

What I will say though is that if we are relegated that will be a burden for him to carry.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. #trust #faith #promotion #5yearplan #clapclap. His best isn't good enough and he could have the humility to cool it, that would win a bit of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    what does it matter if he's a Forest fan ? it matters because half the well written article concerns 'big AL's' fk up with regard loaning players from them.

Two football club owners. One owns a smaller club and has made a bit of a cock up of it. The other owns a bigger club, has drug trafficking allegations hanging over him and has been in the mix for lots of other stuff. Which one should a national football journalist write about? It’s like a copper nicking someone for shoplifting but ignoring the armed robbery going on next door.

Two football owners. One owns a smaller club and has made a bit of a cock up of it.
    Quite literally.

Haha. As much as he’s a multimillionaire and I’m not, I feel quite sorry for the bloke. Good intentions.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast