+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FACup

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Home tie against anyone but the two Manchester clubs please, lowest ranked team preferably. I still enjoy being 'up for the cup' and recall our friend BC once rebuking a reporter (might have been David Vine?) for suggesting that a home tie we got against then fourth div Notts County was a 'soft' tie - BC responded (more eloquently than me) with something along the lines of 'the weaker the team the better I like it'. We put out our strongest team, had about 30 chances and won 6-0.

PS on a pitch much, MUCH worse than Accrington's...

..... and, quite possibly, you have part of the reason behind our success in the 70s. Our side played 21 home games on a quagmire they were used to and could play on it. Half a dozen or so away games on pitches less iffy tham ours and the rest on half decent pitches. Half decent pitches were a luxury that our players were more than good enough to take to advantage of. The opposition had 1 game a season on our "paddy field". Accy's pitch was a good bit better than the old BBG job but today's players are used to playing on snooker table like pitches every week and pitches like Accy's are a nightmare for them as they don't play on them. If I was in charge of a side used to snooker tables pitches each week and we drew Accy away I would train on an amateur pitch in the days prior to the ground. Maybe an 8th or 9th level team and pay them for the use of their pitch OR even use council pitches that get 3 or 4 games a weekend played on them. After 3 or 4 days on BBG like pitches, Acc's would be great.

Such a strategy of training on minor league pitches would have the advantage of fooling Bielsa too, as his spies would turn up at the wrong ground and watch Blackwell Miners Welfare or some such using our training facilities in exchange

Let’s hope it’s Millwall for you goats then you can claim crowd violence whether it happened or not, pretend it upset Frank and claim the tie. Simples

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Let’s hope it’s Millwall for you goats then you can claim crowd violence whether it happened or not, pretend it upset Frank and claim the tie. Simples
    Such a vivid imagination you have.

Thanks...though what your interest in the Cup is I’ve no idea.
    Anyway, in exactly the same spirit of friendship, let’s hope it’s a thirty point deduction for you...then at least you’ll still have something to fight for this season...avoiding relegation and it being everyone else’s fault but your own.

I'd love it to be Millwall.

Thanks for the compliment. Its not every Leeds fan that can recognise the supremacy of the GOAT.......

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I'd love it to be Millwall.
    Really? That’s just weird!

Decent draw in the end, hope WBA / Brighton put out a weakened side against us.

Decent draw? You are kidding - away from home to a team that will probably beat us? We could have gone down fighting against one of the 3 big teams left, or beat up on another minnow, but Brighton or WBA - boring

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)