+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Support AH

P
    Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    And he is taking us DOWN....
    I don’t need to be a mind reader to know what you would have posted, bore off.

I am not doubting some of his decisions and behaviour have been poor.

What I’m saying is that it’s irrelevant to the potential he gives the club

It is not his fault we will probably go down this year.

If you want him out, my simple question is, do you really think we will get a better chairman?

I don’t mean a better human being

A better chairman

Do you ‘Alan haters’ honestly think a chairman with as much financial clout is going to come along?

We don’t need a chairman who knows twitter etiquette.

We need a chairman with wealth and drive

If the playoffs last year had gone our way last year, Alan Hardy would have been regarded as a hero. Unfortunately for him it did not, and some on here seem to use him as a scapegoat now things are going wrong. We are all hurting, but sagging off those who are trying to get us out of this mess in not helping.

Every paying fan is entitled to their view on Alan Hardy, the manager, the team and the club in general, be it positive or negative. Nobody should go into the football industry without realising that they will be judged all the time. The nature of the game is that that the praise can often be overblown and sycophantic when things are going well, and excessively vindictive when things are going badly.

Self evidently, Alan Hardy has made some bad calls in the past year and needs to learn something from those mistakes, in order to recover from the current horrible situation and protect his own investment, but the OP is right that this is an owner who has ploughed quite a large amount of money into our club, so whatever his faults, I can't find it in my heart to lambast him, even though I'm as frustrated as hell about the way things are going.

If someone comes along with a big bid and good intentions for the club, then Alan will have a decision to make, and if he sells up then I'm sure fans would get behind the new owner (until the next time we're struggling our b*llocks off! ), but for the time being I'm inclined to continue supporting the current owner, because I don't see what we would gain by making him a pariah.
    Last edited by jackal2; 27-01-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Every paying fan is entitled to their view on Alan Hardy, the manager, the team and the club in general, be it positive or negative. Nobody should go into the football industry without realising that they will be judged all the time. The nature of the game is that that the praise can often be overblown and sycophantic when things are going well, and excessively vindictive when things are going badly.

Self evidently, Alan Hardy has made some bad calls in the past year and needs to learn something from those mistakes, in order to recover from the current horrible situation and protect his own investment, but the OP is right that this is an owner who has ploughed quite a large amount of money into our club, so whatever his faults, I can't find it in my heart to lambast him, even though I'm as frustrated as hell about the way things are going.

If someone comes along with a big bid and good intentions for the club, then Alan will have a decision to make, and if he sells up then I'm sure fans would get behind the new owner (until the next time we're struggling our b*llocks off! ), but for the time being I'm inclined to continue supporting the current owner, because I don't see what we would gain by making him a pariah.
    Agreed agreed agreed!

I don’t give two hoots if he does a survey on the CT Trophy and then votes against the fans

I don’t care if he’s a big head

I’m not even bothered if he shows his equipment on social media by mistake

All I care about is the club and who gives it the most potential.. that man is AH

He has the cash, the enthusiasm, the drive and I believe the heart.

With him we are a club with potential

Without him, I tend to think we are in deep deep trouble for the future.

Let's see what state he leaves the club in.
    Is the money he as put in all loans with interest charged

I think he will leave us in a much better position, providing we don’t push him out now.

All those years of success under Dunnett and Pavis and yet we couldn't pull in the crowds. We're now rock bottom of the 4th tier and we haven't had a single Saturday attendance lower than 6k this season and have had no less than 9 five figure gates since Hardy came in (Pavis, as chairman, only ever saw that happen on two occasions after he re-built the ground).

Surely the day will eventually come when somebody is going to come in and get it right on the pitch as well as off it.

AH may be a big headed twerp who doesnt know when to keep his twitter fingers in his pockets, but he has bankrolled you to an astonishing amount.
    the big problem is, he thinks he knows about football because he is chairman of a football club.
    (a bit like we all know what players should be selected, what formation our team should play in, what useless idiots referees are etc, without on whit of actual knowledge!)
    if he can be persuaded to keep out of the footballing side of the business, you might have a chance of regaining league status in less than the 5 years it took us and loooun (the OTHER biggest club in the universe) to escape.
    however, i think we all know, he can't resist the temptation to stick his oar in, and bollix it all up.
    still, you had a good result this weekend, maybe you can build on it for the rest of the season.
    and it could be worse, you could have steve evans as manager!

It’s simple ..

Do we want an owner with money, or an owner with no money?

Force him out at this stage and we will probably go bust

Absolutely no benefit to force him to sell

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast