+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we? Will we?

Can we? Will we?

Can we stay up if nobody is brought in this week?

Does anybody think we WILL stay up?

We pulled ourselves away a little after only 2 points from our 1st 9 games.... but we are now playing all the teams that beat us again, with little or no optimism as there have been no improvements at all.

I fear the worst.

We won't sign anyone and because of that I think we will go down.Imagine if Rondon gets injured.Joselu to fire us to safety won't fill any of us with confidence.

Can we - Yes.

Will we - Think it's very unlikely. Nothing to give us optimism and Rafa looking more frustrated and piised off than ive seen.

Even if we sign anybody im not convinced we'll stay up.

Yes we can, but if as looks likely wer’re going to bring very little by way of reinforcements in then we are relying on Certain players ie Rondon, Ritchie staying fit and in form and getting midfielders ie Ki, Diame and Shelvey fit and firing.

Will we depends on positive results v Huddersfield, Burnley, Southampton and Palace at home and picking up at least 5/6 points from other games to guarantee it.

We can but I don't think we will.

Injuries, suspensions and loss of form will hit us harder than , I suspect, they will hit any other club because of how thin our squad is.

I don't know what Rondon's injury record is like but if he gets one, especially a significant one, we've had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    We can but I don't think we will.

Injuries, suspensions and loss of form will hit us harder than , I suspect, they will hit any other club because of how thin our squad is.

I don't know what Rondon's injury record is like but if he gets one, especially a significant one, we've had it.
    ^^^^
    This unfortunately...

But the little optimist sitting on my shoulder is whispering yes we can..

One things for sure it's going to be fuc king tight and we would have to be very lucky...

I sat down and looked at the fixtures last week, and the laughable thing is, that I think we will.

Huddersfield and Fulham are all but goners, I can't see Cardiff getting to 30 points, I can see us getting 33 points.

We have the spirit in our side to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I sat down and looked at the fixtures last week, and the laughable thing is, that I think we will.

Huddersfield and Fulham are all but goners, I can't see Cardiff getting to 30 points, I can see us getting 33 points.

We have the spirit in our side to do it.
    I think you are right Stan. I think we will have the little run that puts a handful of points between us and those below who don't have that run.

Its a toss up for me. could go either way

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Yes we can, but if as looks likely wer’re going to bring very little by way of reinforcements in then we are relying on Certain players ie Rondon, Ritchie staying fit and in form and getting midfielders ie Ki, Diame and Shelvey fit and firing.

Will we depends on positive results v Huddersfield, Burnley, Southampton and Palace at home and picking up at least 5/6 points from other games to guarantee it.
    Ritchie has played so much recently though, we run serious risk of burning him out is my worry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)