+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley V Millwall 18th October 1980

Barnsley V Millwall 18th October 1980

Another trip in the Barnsley fc time machine this time to season 1980/81 a promotion winning season also the Reds had a tremendous run in the FA cup.
    The footage starts with short highlights from a league cup 3rd round tie against Cardiff City then the main feature. The YTV cameras came to Oakwell to record The Big Game. Millwall 18th October 1980 and a 2-0 win for the reds.
    The tape also includes goals from the following games;
    Plymoth away 25th October 1980
    Exeter away 8th November 1980
    Portsmouth away 15th November 1980
    Rotherham away FA cup 2nd round 13th December 1980
    Fulham away 16th January 1981
    Enfield away FA cup 4th round replay at White Hart Lane.
    Towards the end of the tape the footage stutters a little. Stick with it its worth

https://youtu.be/vlELHSkAwbo

Quote Originally Posted by Kendraytyke View Post
    Another trip in the Barnsley fc time machine this time to season 1980/81 a promotion winning season also the Reds had a tremendous run in the FA cup.
    The footage starts with short highlights from a league cup 3rd round tie against Cardiff City then the main feature. The YTV cameras came to Oakwell to record The Big Game. Millwall 18th October 1980 and a 2-0 win for the reds.
    Towards the end of the tape the footage stutters a little. Stick with it its worth it

Thankyou KT enjoyed that piece of nostalgia especially the buckets next to the dugouts
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 27-01-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks Kendray it's nice to remember the old times will we see good times again with these penny pinching sharks (owners) I wish I could say yes but very much DOUBT IT

Enfield away in the 4th round at White Hart Lane , a non league club v a third division one .

Attendance 36k including 8k travelling reds , midweek as well .

It was a bit scary walking back to the coaches after the game , spurs firms out in force , chuffin hell hundreds of em .

Not for the faint hearted I can tell thi .

Was there animal it was a bit naughty that night and none of LADS I was with got a second

Thanks Kendray, really enjoyed them highlights. I notice John Sitton was in the millwall team that day, of course he went on to manage Orient wi Chris Turner as his assistant and featured heavily in the infamous documentary 'football club for a fiver' in 1995. That's certainly worth a watch guys, some reight team talks in it

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Thanks Kendray, really enjoyed them highlights. I notice John Sitton was in the millwall team that day, of course he went on to manage Orient wi Chris Turner as his assistant and featured heavily in the infamous documentary 'football club for a fiver' in 1995. That's certainly worth a watch guys, some reight team talks in it
    Had a great man management style Pass didn't he .

Offering all the team out in the car park after the game was a classic example .

Luv it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Had a great man management style Pass didn't he .

Offering all the team out in the car park after the game was a classic example .

Luv it .
    aye he even sacked a player at aif time. Kin nutcase but gotta love his passion. Apparently he's a London black cab driver nar

Quote Originally Posted by Kendraytyke View Post
    Towards the end of the tape the footage stutters a little. Stick with it its worth

I was at them all kendray , thanks for that , great great memories .

18 years old bit of brass in my pocket following that superb team everywhere .

Not a care in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    aye he even sacked a player at aif time. Kin nutcase but gotta love his passion. Apparently he's a London black cab driver nar
    Feckin hell tha wouldn't do a runner would tha with that looney tune behind the wheel !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast