+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Spain

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    That's a while you have been away is it not? Not about time you were back home for a pint with durranty?
    3 weeks to go. Can’t wait to share the gossip on Big Red from Barrhead with peg legged pal

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    My old boy used to have that exact image framed in the hoos

Peterheed is twinned with Aalesund. So he got School trips there being a teacher at Peterheed academy. He was a regular
    I took photies of their football ground but they’re not uploading for some reason. It’s quite a nice wee set up they’ve got

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I took photies of their football ground but they’re not uploading for some reason. It’s quite a nice wee set up they’ve got
    My old boy went there on one of his trips. Spoke to the guy sitting next to him who wasn't part of the school party. Thought the guy was a really sound dude. After ten mins he realized it was John Arne Riise who is a native to Aalesund

There’s a big statue of him outside the ground. Got a photo of that as well but it’s not uploading either

Its Ålesund in Norway. A bit gloomy today.
    I've only ever been in its airport, where the same boy who checked in my bag served me coffee five minutes later.

I've driven under it, in the impressive tunnels, in -18C at 1130pm, in a hired VW Polo with nae satnav, with a 75 mile trip up the fjord to Andalsnes ahead of me.

Who has more fun than we do?

We’re right next door to Vigra Airport. I’m not a fan of flying anyway but particularly into there, with water on both sides. Aborted landings are fairly common.

Geirangerfjord is just round the corner from us, which is well worth a visit.

We’re right next door to Vigra Airport. I’m not a fan of flying anyway but particularly into there, with water on both sides. Aborted landings are fairly common.

Geirangerfjord is just round the corner from us, which is well worth a visit.
    An industrial estate in Stavanger is as exotic as it gets for me nowadays (fleeting visit Wed/Thurs this week). On one side the view is of the foothills of the Heiene range, on the other Subsea 7's pre-cast concrete brutalism, and the dual carriageway to the airport.

I don't really pine for the fjords at all.

Pack your woolies, that’s the snow on

Pack your woolies, that’s the snow on
    Walk from the airport to the Scandic 200 metres.

Walk from the Scandic to the taxi rank 500 metres.

Walk from the taxi to the office 10 metres.

Walk from the office to the taxi 10 metres.

Walk from the taxi to the terminal zone* 25 metres.

I'm not intending ski-ing or mountaineering, or being in unheated areas for any length of time.

* two rock 'n' roll references there - a Phoenix memorial coconut to the first to get them both. No search engine-ing.

"Taxi to the terminal zone" being the obvious one. Duck Delux album

F@cked if I know the second een

The reason I know that is because Ducks Delux covered "I Fought The Law" by the Crickets. A song I have many a cover of. The Clash, Social Distortion, The Almighty, Dead Kennedys, Ricky Warwick(acoustic version) are four off the top of my head. I once read a history of the tune as it was a very popular choice of cover. Then I read about Ducks Delux from there

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast