+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Spain

Deliberate set up

Glad I didn't let you down

Alicante is probably my favourite place in Spain so far. Love the marina and the beach esplanade. Love the narrow streets with little hidden gems of restaurants and you've got the Santa Barbara castle high up on the cliffs over looking the whole area.

Chicks on mopeds are hot. Spanish beggars are relentless.

I stayed at a parking place for motorhomes at the top of Alicante, 8 euro per night and that's with electric and wifi. Ended up staying about 6 or 7 nights. The tram is just across the road and 1.45 gets you anywhere in the city. It also goes all the way up the coast to Benidorm which I will be doing next time I am here, only for the journey really as the views are supposed to be pretty special. Went to the Volvo ocean race museum at the marina and the Spanish finally decided to stop sleeping and let me have a look around their bull fighting arena.

The pic of the boat below is nothing to do with the Volvo museum it was just parked outside.

Not had the best of days. Woke up to a flat battery in the van. Tried to find jump leads but no where sold any. After about 40 minutes I decided to turn it over once more and luckily the old girl fired up. Forgot to change the sat-nav to 'avoid tolls' so got clobbered with 2 on the way to La Manga. Stuck the sharp end of the multi meter probe through my finger then later cut the same finger again whilst cutting some cheese. Only 2 places left on the campsite at La Manga so got thrown next to a group of drunken Frenchies who decided to have an afternoon sing-song. Oh ma heed.

No plans for tomorrow apart from washing the van and check out the cycle path down at the beach. Already been checking out cheap flights for the QF so might be back for that.

Keep em coming Mondo. Are you touring in any specific route or just completely random and you decide on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Keep em coming Mondo. Are you touring in any specific route or just completely random and you decide on the day.
    I've been staying in the rough vicinity of Alicante recently because I am due an op on a slipped disc and I could get a phone call any day so never want to be too far from the cheap flights at Alicante. Fed up waiting though so I am heading South now and if I get the call I'll just have to head back up the coast. Wouldn't mind getting down to Malaga in the next week or so.

How you financing and getting all the time off for yir travels Mondo? You work offshore? Sounds great

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    How you financing and getting all the time off for yir travels Mondo? You work offshore? Sounds great
    No it's something I've thought about doing for years. Got sick of just talking about it and when I sold my flat I decided now was the time to actually do it.

Gave myself a budget out of the house sale cash, told my work I'd see them in 6-9 months and booked the ferry to Santander. I'll be back when the money runs out which will be sooner rather than later the way things are going

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    No it's something I've thought about doing for years. Got sick of just talking about it and when I sold my flat I decided now was the time to actually do it.

Gave myself a budget out of the house sale cash, told my work I'd see them in 6-9 months and booked the ferry to Santander. I'll be back when the money runs out which will be sooner rather than later the way things are going

Good on yi.

I went backpacking 15 years ago in my mid 20's for a year, once in a lifetime sort of sh:t.
    I recommend South America for yir next trip. Dunno how you'd get the van over tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Good on yi.

I went backpacking 15 years ago in my mid 20's for a year, once in a lifetime sort of sh:t.
    I recommend South America for yir next trip. Dunno how you'd get the van over tho.
    Yeah I wish I had done something like this earlier, nae long turned 37 and would have preferred doing it in my 20's. Saying that you don't see much motorhomers over here under 60. It's full off Brit, Dutch and German retirees.

This old van has been over the Pyrenees in winter but across the ocean to S.America would be stretching it's capabilities. I'm nae a fan of the heat so will be going north out of Spain when it gets in to the 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    No not made it that far south. I'm in the murcia region at the moment, about 350 miles up the east coast from cadiz.

Could be heading that way though as a pal is going skydiving in the algarve next month so was flirting with the idea of going in that direction to meet up with him.
    Love the travel stories .

Murcia is a lovely city its about the size of Edinburgh the stadium is quite a recent one been there a few times to see Real Murcia play .

2 years ago I saw Cartagena v Real Murcia a derby some cracking scenes at that match well worth it Cartagena is also a stunning town some cruise liners call in by.
    Love it.

Have you been there Mondo

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast