+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Spain

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    No it's something I've thought about doing for years. Got sick of just talking about it and when I sold my flat I decided now was the time to actually do it.

Gave myself a budget out of the house sale cash, told my work I'd see them in 6-9 months and booked the ferry to Santander. I'll be back when the money runs out which will be sooner rather than later the way things are going
    Good for you. The sale of the Lexmoto must have provided you with enough money for a few months as well.

I love Alicante. Ronda is nice as well as is Girona.

I've been staying in the rough vicinity of Alicante recently because I am due an op on a slipped disc and I could get a phone call any day so never want to be too far from the cheap flights at Alicante. Fed up waiting though so I am heading South now and if I get the call I'll just have to head back up the coast. Wouldn't mind getting down to Malaga in the next week or so.
    If you go to Malaga area, pop 20 miles further East to Mijas Costa. Malaga Sheep who used to post here runs a bar there.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Cartagena is also a stunning town some cruise liners call in by.
    Love it.

Have you been there Mondo
    Not Cartagena itself but I have camped at places either side of it. La Azohia most recently, that's where I was when I was trying to post those pictures of the fort earlier in this thread. Nice place.

I've decided to stay here one more day then head to Fort Bravo on Saturday. Seemingly that is where all the Westerns were filmed back in the 60's and 70s. They have kept everything original and think there is still a saloon where you can go in and challenge some locals to a gun fight if you think they were cheating at poker. Sounds right up my street. (Can you tell I didn't watch must Westerns?)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Good for you. The sale of the Lexmoto must have provided you with enough money for a few months as well.

I love Alicante. Ronda is nice as well as is Girona.
    Absolutely that's 2 tanks of fuel for this thing! Don't know why but I tend to hug the coast. No doubt there is some lovely places further in land.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    If you go to Malaga area, pop 20 miles further East to Mijas Costa. Malaga Sheep who used to post here runs a bar there.
    Yeah that thought did cross my mind. He might even have the barbie fired up! Hate to admit it but I actually fancy Gibraltar to. I've heard bad stories about it and I've no particular desire to see union jacks waving around but I do fancy seeing some of the war stuff there.

As for today I just had a cycle along the beach to Cape Palos. I stopped there a year or so ago but never went up to the lighthouse. Didn't miss much, not very interesting and the views weren't that special.

So took the coastal path down to the harbour (good fun on the mountain bike) and had Pizza and a JD and coke.

There was a van parked up there with the saltire across the dash so went and said hello. Guy was from the hun supporting side of Glasgow but at least he had the correct flag up. He gave me some decent parking/camping spots and it was him that recommended Fort Bravo.

Back at the site now and done some laundry and away to watch a film.

Get yourself down to the South coast and see Ronda or Cadiz then over to Morocco which is one of the nicest and friendliest places I've ever been.

What is the name of the bar?

Couple of dandies I know are heading across next week and would appreciate one that is not showing EPL post golf.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    What is the name of the bar?

Couple of dandies I know are heading across next week and would appreciate one that is not showing EPL post golf.

SF
    The Blarney in the middle of Mijas Costa. Irish bar, but in name only. Plenty of AFC memorabilia.

The Blarney in the middle of Mijas Costa. Irish bar, but in name only. Plenty of AFC memorabilia.
    Thanks, I do know where it is now, never been in previously, normally frequent a small local establishment just around the corner when I’m in that neck of the woods, however there could be some visits over the next few weeks by some thirsty dandies, I’ve got 5 weeks yet until I start losing my penfolds though!
    SF

Remeber and stop off in Oberhausen in May

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Remeber and stop off in Oberhausen in May
    It's in my plans pacmin, don't worry.

It's in my plans pacmin, don't worry.
    Dinna blast your budget too quick. Or you may have to resort to turning tricks on the continent to make ends meet

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast