+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Random Spain

Flew back to Spain on Sunday. Spent a night at the beach at Cabbarera (or somewhere) then headed up to Villajoyosa as I had the van booked in for some work there because there was a knocking noise coming from the front end every time I made a left turn.

Thought maybe a CV joint or something simple like that but they found a goosed engine mounting, 2 bearings gone, front brakes fecked and the handbrake cable done. Plus cracks in all tyres. So 940 euros saw me on my way

Turns out you can't get these handbrake cables anymore you need to send them away for companies to make complete replicas. So currently driving about with a rear brake slightly rubbing all the time.

Villajoyosa is lovely. A lot of English unfortunately. My top 3 places so far for motorhoming would probably be, Torremolinos, Alicante then Villajoyosa. Although Alicante isn't especially handy for parking up but it is a lovely place.

Camped up in Benidorm for a few days relaxing then getting the hell out of here and heading for Germany. Not made my mind up if I'll be going through France or over in to Italy then Switzerland and up that way.

Alicante is beautiful. I like going to one of the local bars and having a beer and cigarette (holidays only).

I might be over there next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Alicante is beautiful. I like going to one of the local bars and having a beer and cigarette (holidays only).
    Decadent c&nt.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Flew back to Spain on Sunday. Spent a night at the beach at Cabbarera (or somewhere) then headed up to Villajoyosa as I had the van booked in for some work there because there was a knocking noise coming from the front end every time I made a left turn.

Thought maybe a CV joint or something simple like that but they found a goosed engine mounting, 2 bearings gone, front brakes fecked and the handbrake cable done. Plus cracks in all tyres. So 940 euros saw me on my way

Turns out you can't get these handbrake cables anymore you need to send them away for companies to make complete replicas. So currently driving about with a rear brake slightly rubbing all the time.

Villajoyosa is lovely. A lot of English unfortunately. My top 3 places so far for motorhoming would probably be, Torremolinos, Alicante then Villajoyosa. Although Alicante isn't especially handy for parking up but it is a lovely place.

Camped up in Benidorm for a few days relaxing then getting the hell out of here and heading for Germany. Not made my mind up if I'll be going through France or over in to Italy then Switzerland and up that way.
    Mondo min, if heading to Switzerland you need to go in by Sion, it was my 3rd Euro away adventure and the town is absolutely stunning, myself and made up chums played fitba on the pitch on the morning of the match, the ref and his assistants joined in(Yugoslavian I think).....we won easy, however, our next trip there did not pan out the same way! regardless(f ucks sake, done it again!), the walk from the town centre to the ground was lovely, set in the alps, it helped that I was chatting to Chris Anderson along the way.....little did we both know how that particular adventure would end with us beating some Spanish pub team in Scandinavia.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Mondo min, if heading to Switzerland you need to go in by Sion, it was my 3rd Euro away adventure and the town is absolutely stunning, myself and made up chums played fitba on the pitch on the morning of the match, the ref and his assistants joined in(Yugoslavian I think).....we won easy, however, our next trip there did not pan out the same way! regardless(f ucks sake, done it again!), the walk from the town centre to the ground was lovely, set in the alps, it helped that I was chatting to Chris Anderson along the way.....little did we both know how that particular adventure would end with us beating some Spanish pub team in Scandinavia.

SF
    Cheers Jake. I'll have a look and see if it's on my preferred route.

Bern is possibly my favourite city in the world. Just saying min

Cheers Jake. I'll have a look and see if it's on my preferred route.
    You won’t be disappointed if you do visit, however if it is not on your route, across in the Austrian alps it is just as pretty and their beer is affa fine, well, it was pre/during/post JJ’s wedding a few stones ago.

SF

First of all RIP JackJarvis

Secondly that's my travelling escapades coming to and end. Should be in Germany at 9ish tonight then Harwich (where ever that is) on Thursday.

Can't get used to the time differences on this boat. We left Latvia +2 hours but the boat works to German time +1 hour but my phone is displaying 2 different times and I'm not sure what either is. My laptop always shows UK time but on this site it is an hour behind, unless I log in in which case it jumps an hour ahead again. At least they tell you over the loudspeaker when it's time for lunch.

Anyway the 1991 reg van has done Aberdeen to Southern Spain, up again and in to France, through in to Germany and right up to the Northern point to catch a ferry to Latvia. From there she has took me to Estonia and across to Helsinki, 1100 mile round trip to Rovaniemmi and back to catch the ferry back to Estonia.

Slight hiccup there with over heating and breaking down but turns out it was just a burst coolant pipe so made it to Liepaja to catch this ferry and now I just have a 370 odd mile trip to the hook of Holland and finally from England to Scotland for home.

In to the mart and see what I get for her. Only sitting on 47k miles which is a shame but hopefully someone can get some enjoyment out of it yet. Back to work for me I suppose

Forgot to add about all the smuggled goods. Got them all. What was it, an i-pod for Aldo, some kind of hat for pacmin, pure morrocan squidgy black for Dod, I got FM's cricket bat? and a volvo for vintage?

Forgot to add about all the smuggled goods. Got them all. What was it, an i-pod for Aldo, some kind of hat for pacmin, pure morrocan squidgy black for Dod, I got FM's cricket bat? and a volvo for vintage?
    Too late old boy, don't need it. They've picked the team for the last Ashes test and I ain't in it. So I quit.

I suppose I could always use it to chase away ne'er-do-wells/chuggers/christians if they darken my door. Tell you what, leave it in the usual place and I'll wire you the cash.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast