+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Random Spain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How you financing and getting all the time off for yir travels Mondo? You work offshore? Sounds great

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    How you financing and getting all the time off for yir travels Mondo? You work offshore? Sounds great
    No it's something I've thought about doing for years. Got sick of just talking about it and when I sold my flat I decided now was the time to actually do it.

Gave myself a budget out of the house sale cash, told my work I'd see them in 6-9 months and booked the ferry to Santander. I'll be back when the money runs out which will be sooner rather than later the way things are going

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    No it's something I've thought about doing for years. Got sick of just talking about it and when I sold my flat I decided now was the time to actually do it.

Gave myself a budget out of the house sale cash, told my work I'd see them in 6-9 months and booked the ferry to Santander. I'll be back when the money runs out which will be sooner rather than later the way things are going

Good on yi.

I went backpacking 15 years ago in my mid 20's for a year, once in a lifetime sort of sh:t.
    I recommend South America for yir next trip. Dunno how you'd get the van over tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Good on yi.

I went backpacking 15 years ago in my mid 20's for a year, once in a lifetime sort of sh:t.
    I recommend South America for yir next trip. Dunno how you'd get the van over tho.
    Yeah I wish I had done something like this earlier, nae long turned 37 and would have preferred doing it in my 20's. Saying that you don't see much motorhomers over here under 60. It's full off Brit, Dutch and German retirees.

This old van has been over the Pyrenees in winter but across the ocean to S.America would be stretching it's capabilities. I'm nae a fan of the heat so will be going north out of Spain when it gets in to the 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post

Good for you. The sale of the Lexmoto must have provided you with enough money for a few months as well.

I love Alicante. Ronda is nice as well as is Girona.