+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Robbie’s job safe ?

Quote Originally Posted by JelloBiafra View Post
    Agree. Let's jump in the Tardis to Saturday 16th Feb and assume we are out of cup and we've lost at home to Morton then away at Queens. Then it's an interesting question.

That team on Friday and on a number of other occasions looks unfit and unmotivated. Needs sorting out pronto. Let's start by dropping Fyvie Stanton McMullen and playing the 3 subs from Friday. And getting 2 up front as Safranko can't be a 1 unless the 3 behind are close behind.

By the way I would love 3 WINS....
    those 3 need dropped 100% agree

Agree. Let's jump in the Tardis to Saturday 16th Feb and assume we are out of cup and we've lost at home to Morton then away at Queens. Then it's an interesting question.

That team on Friday and on a number of other occasions looks unfit and unmotivated. Needs sorting out pronto. Let's start by dropping Fyvie Stanton McMullen and playing the 3 subs from Friday. And getting 2 up front as Safranko can't be a 1 unless the 3 behind are close behind.

By the way I would love 3 WINS....

Regardless of how the season pans out, next three games of otherwise

And this thread is a perfect example of what happens when your club doesn't get off the managerial merry-go-round.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    And this thread is a perfect example of what happens when your club doesn't get off the managerial merry-go-round.
    Think you might be misinterpreting the sentiment?
    The fans are behind Robbie. Criticism is still ok even if you support the manager.
    But no manager is completely safe, so really a bit of a daft question in a way?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Think you might be misinterpreting the sentiment?
    The fans are behind Robbie. Criticism is still ok even if you support the manager.
    But no manager is completely safe, so really a bit of a daft question in a way?
    I've been very critical of the manager, his style of play, team selection and motivation of players but for anyone even to suggest that he isn't safe in his job after a handful of games is lunacy and highlights everything that's wrong with modern football.

No manager's job is safe when his club is owned by foreigners who know nothing of the recent history of the club.I would hope that Robbie has had a sit down with our American owner and said,"Mark, the Monkey kept on Shambles and allowed him to sign utter shyte on 2 and 3 year deals,we have managed to offload one to the FUN but naebody else oot there will take the remaining crap aff my hands."
    "I am the man to take your club forward but i need time to remove ALL the players acquired by the Organ Grinder his Monkey and The Shambles and replace them with professional football players."

Yep, and if he cant get us up who else could?

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I've been very critical of the manager, his style of play, team selection and motivation of players but for anyone even to suggest that he isn't safe in his job after a handful of games is lunacy and highlights everything that's wrong with modern football.
    1. There are new owners
    2. Robbie has presided over four absolute shockers I have witnesses in 50 years watching - Ayr twice Alloa and Morton away second half in both we looked like a Div 3 team.

While if may be modern football madness he is not safe at all unless performances improve. IMO. The Lee McCulloch appointment as forward coach ( though played a lot of latter career at CH ) suggests a mate of Tony Ashgar and an in house plan b to me.

Really want RN to be a success but last 2 months have been largely hellish. As bad as some of last 4 years...

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    No manager's job is safe when his club is owned by foreigners who know nothing of the recent history of the club.I would hope that Robbie has had a sit down with our American owner and said,"Mark, the Monkey kept on Shambles and allowed him to sign utter shyte on 2 and 3 year deals,we have managed to offload one to the FUN but naebody else oot there will take the remaining crap aff my hands."
    "I am the man to take your club forward but i need time to remove ALL the players acquired by the Organ Grinder his Monkey and The Shambles and replace them with professional football players."
    And why do you assume they 'know nothing of the recent history of the club'. What a patronising statement about a successful businessman who I'm sure has done due diligence before his purchase.

1. There are new owners
    2. Robbie has presided over four absolute shockers I have witnesses in 50 years watching - Ayr twice Alloa and Morton away second half in both we looked like a Div 3 team.

While if may be modern football madness he is not safe at all unless performances improve. IMO. The Lee McCulloch appointment as forward coach ( though played a lot of latter career at CH ) suggests a mate of Tony Ashgar and an in house plan b to me.

Really want RN to be a success but last 2 months have been largely hellish. As bad as some of last 4 years...
    How did he manage a string of victories at the start of his tenure but has fallen of a cliff since?,could it be that DUFC have a major problem inside the dressing room?.I honestly think the new owner has to get rid of the cancer in the playing squad rather than the manager.
    I said last April that the Monkey had condemned United to at least one more year in the Championship by backing The Shambles and unfortunately i think i was right.We have signed a squad of utter shyte with no heart or fight between them and Neilson or Pep would struggle to get results from them.
    In the early 70s Jim McLean with no money and crowds of 3000 had to sign players of a similar standard to the squad today however he signed players like George Fleming,Tommy Traynor,Colin McAdam,Frank Kopel and Paul Hegarty who although not the greatest football players had hearts of lions and wanted to improve and they did.
    The greatest DUFC team in history only evolved through the character of the players and the dressing room of the early 70's,the current group of players are more likely to take us into oblivion rather than follow in the foot steps of double league cup and title winners,FACT.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)