+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Officially up for sale

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Well, I suppose the proof of the merits or otherwise of the treatment of Alan Hardy will be in the quality and integrity of the next owner. Whether the decision was made today or months ago, the agitators have got their way and change is afoot.
    I really don't agree that he has made this decision based on bit of self inflicted abuse on Twitter. He is running out of money and needs to get his main business, Paragon, back on track. If it makes you feel better and enables you to take the moral high ground, blame a minority of the fans, but it's way wide of the mark. He has failed and wants to move on.

He’s put his best into it and it’s sad that it’s gone so pear shaped this season. I hope the next owners don’t have social media accounts or baths.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Don't talk tripe. Sod all lot do without agitators, this is all about ego & self perception.
    It doesn't matter what it's about, actually. The fact is we're losing a big investor and we don't know who will come in next.

Hopefully, it's a good 'un...

Trew put the club up for sale in February 2016, the takeover didn't happen until January 2017. Let's hope it doesn't take that long this time around but surely it won't happen before the end of this season. Needs to be sorted before the start of next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I really don't agree that he has made this decision based on bit of self inflicted abuse on Twitter. He is running out of money and needs to get his main business, Paragon, back on track. If it makes you feel better and enables you to take the moral high ground, blame a minority of the fans, but it's way wide of the mark. He has failed and wants to move on.
    To be fair I'm sure there's an element of truth to what you say, but it would be naïve to believe the flak he's taken in recent weeks hasn't expedited the situation.

Whether you blame them or congratulate them, some fans have certainly been a factor in events.

Who the hell is going to buy this disaster of a club?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's just trying to change the news after his Twitter issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Who the hell is going to buy this disaster of a club?
    Either someone with much more money than sense, or another Munto looking to pick the last remaining bits of meat left on the carcass. Pray to God it's the first, but I feel sorry for the poor coot already!

What a cock up.

Seriously, I am not really surprised by this. This season has gone so comprehensively wrong, Hardy's decisions have at best not helped, his ego has taken a hammering, he has openly bemoaned the amount of money he has put into Notts. Then comes the double whammy of national media criticism and this utter debacle. I haven't even mentioned Hardy's notorious propensity to be endlessly wound up by the Twitter Hate Machine, pretty much from when he took over. His desire to be done with it all is rather understandable IMO.

As for Notts, our future depends entirely on whether Alan can seek out and make a deal with a new owner with our best interests in mind, something fans have no control over and for which essentially no information currently exists. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's just trying to change the news after his Twitter issues.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a ploy to get the Hardy-pologists to go into a mass fawning mode on twitter and don't be surprised if he changes his mind if by some major miracle we manage to stay in the league. He the sort who'll want to bask in the praise for as long as poss.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast