+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Officially up for sale

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Does the sale include our new £2 million pound training ground complex ?
    Yes, unfortunately it's still in the 'development' stage with 2 cows and a pig in the field at the mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Well, at last! A good decision. Hope there is somebody out there with more discretion, better judgement and a more balanced & focused aptitude for owning this great Club
    And if not !!! - don't gloat, this time next year we may not even exist never mind being in the National league

Well, I share that view too, so I ask "Who is gloating?". Is expressing a sense of hope and desire for improvement a problem for you?

There are plenty of people who recognised the spiral of declinethat we have been embroiled in for some time, I can't see anybody gloating about it. We have been staring at the abyss all season, the chances of escape remain slim but possible. I don't believe anything that has happened in the last 48 hours, including Saturday's results, has helped tbh.

That is simply genuine concern with a hint of realism from my perspective.

Interesting that there now appears to be two interested parties. I seem to remember a few months after he took over that he said he’d had a few offers of investment into the club. Sort of goes against the grain that he “saved” us, doesn’t it?

To be honest, his tenure at the club has been an unmitigated disaster from start to finish and is a lesson in “how not to run a football club.”

I just pray that whoever takes on this poisoned chalice, has a bit more footballing acumen about them than this spineless, rank amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Interesting that there now appears to be two interested parties. I seem to remember a few months after he took over that he said he’d had a few offers of investment into the club. Sort of goes against the grain that he “saved” us, doesn’t it?

To be honest, his tenure at the club has been an unmitigated disaster from start to finish and is a lesson in “how not to run a football club.”

I just pray that whoever takes on this poisoned chalice, has a bit more footballing acumen about them than this spineless, rank amateur.
    I feel that's slightly harsh there Grantham. He took us over is a bad position, appointed Nolan who saved us. Last season, despite finishing in disappointment was largely a success. Overachieving on the field and a higher average attendance for a long time.

The January transfer window wasn't a success but it was really after last season finished that it has all gone badly wrong.

... Grantham ... you should apologise right now for denegrating spineless amateurs. He's far worse than that!

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    I feel that's slightly harsh there Grantham. He took us over is a bad position, appointed Nolan who saved us. Last season, despite finishing in disappointment was largely a success. Overachieving on the field and a higher average attendance for a long time.

The January transfer window wasn't a success but it was really after last season finished that it has all gone badly wrong.
    It went wrong this time last year, not the end of season

Quote Originally Posted by happymagpiehappy View Post
    does the sale include our new £2 million pound training ground complex ?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Can't blame the fans for this, there's been no protests and despite the league position supporters have continued to turn up, we're still averaging just under 7k. You can't ask for any more than that when you're rock bottom of L2.

For me, the one major mistake Hardy made was making Darren Fletcher head of recruitment, who would have been less qualified than Guy Branston. I think Fletcher only held that post for a matter of three months or so before Hart arrived but all of the damage was done in that time and we haven't recovered from it.
    Yep totally brought on by himself over the period of his tenure. Fletcher and Mace two bob nobodies his kids football school coach given academy mangers job, he only has himself to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Well at least MiG will be redundant, every cloud etc.
    i961 you are obviously one of the rose tinted spectacle brigade who just can't work it out aren't you, what a complete toss pot...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast