+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You Got Your Wish

"Hounded out" and "pushed"

I'm sorry but no, we saw this with RT, you cannot just use some fans or fans of other clubs being idiots as a convenient scapegoat when things aren't going your way, if you don't want flak don't go on social media, especially if you're going to post in such an abrasive manner, it's 2019 not 2001, nobody can honestly say "wow I didn't expect to get flamed by morons"

AH put a lot of money into the club and commands respect for that, but to even suggest this is anything to do with the fans when they've frankly shown brilliant support (gate figures) is as outrageous as today's ongoings.

Nothing quaint about it. If you don't put yourself on a pedestal and continually invite people to lob grenades at you you won't make yourself a victim.

I don't buy this "hounded out" cobblers, nobody has been hounded out, all self inflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    Hardy hounded out

Who next?
    It’s all his own doing. Whoever comes in will see an instant upturn..hopefully it’s sooner rather than later.

This is his own fault he would have known the national press story was going to be released today so what does he do.....he goes and tops that with his tweet today.

The bloke is a complete tool and he has to go we are a laughing stock both on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Nothing quaint about it. If you don't put yourself on a pedestal and continually invite people to lob grenades at you you won't make yourself a victim.

I don't buy this "hounded out" cobblers, nobody has been hounded out, all self inflicted.
    I don't recall Derek Pavis particularly putting himself on a pedestal (whatever that means) and yet he still got more and more abuse when the fortunes of the team declined.

I admit it's the nature of football, but when results go bad, fans just kick the most obvious thing they can see. Yes, Alan Hardy was a fool to make himself such an obvious target, but the reality is we're losing a big investor and we don't know what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    This is his own fault he would have known the national press story was going to be released today so what does he do.....he goes and tops that with his tweet today.
    L
    The bloke is a complete tool and he has to go we are a laughing stock both on and off the pitch.
    Spot on - 100% correct.

I'm sorry but if he's taken this decision over a few keyboard warriors giving him grief then it's probably for the best. He was warned time and again to not engage on social media but his arrogance and ego wound up the trolls and haters who are probably rubbing their hands together with glee. Nobody can say he didn't put his heart and soul into trying to make Notts a footballing force but unfortunately he left himself open to criticism and abuse by a minority. I can honestly say I'm seriously worried for our future now

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post

I have to agree. Anyone with half a brain would know that if you thrust yourself (no pun intended) into the social media limelight you can make 99.9% good tweets and 0.1% bad tweets, but the 0.1% bad tweet will get 99.9% of the exposure. Many people other than me have warned our owner of this, but he was arrogant enough to think he knew better. Obviously he didn't. He is the victim of his own narcissism rather than the victim of any witch hunt.

I have to apologise for any doubts I've expressed towards MiG, it looks like he was right all along.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I admit it's the nature of football, but when results go bad, fans just kick the most obvious thing they can see. Yes, Alan Hardy was a fool to make himself such an obvious target, but the reality is we're losing a big investor and we don't know what comes next.
    Agreed, no-one can knock Hardy about the amount of investment he has put in. But it's as true in life as well as football. Who do you moan at when you're royally pished off??? Your wife, your Mum, your best friend? No good moaning at some stranger in the street is it, cos you'll end up in chokey.

I've gone from being a big AH fan to just hoping he could pick a decent manager to feeling sorry for him to now thinking is this April 1st and can we have our club back.
    He's taking us into non league, damaged his finances and business probably, also his mental health and personal standing. 100% not the fans' fault.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast