+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Training Ground

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Hi Pedro, I hope you read my reply to you in a previous thread? Right again with this though wasn't I?
    Morning MIG , not seen a reply as such , which thread, I will have a butchers ...
    yes admittedly you have been correct on occasions , other stuff as I said gets in the way of sorting out the wheat from chaff...
    I hope That AH has got some buyers lined up , but I can't see it.
    Who would want to buy a club looking at relegation into the conference full in the face. However all fingers and toes crossed that relegation is avoided and someone who loves the club takes over.
    Personally I hope future progress is made by good managing and coaching , developing youth and not throwing ****loads of cash at the problem.

Hi Pedro, I hope you read my reply to you in a previous thread? Right again with this though wasn't I?
    Sorted MIG and I have Responded as required

Didn’t someone post the other day that the Conference is a lot stricter on financial woes than the EFL? If the inevitable happens and we go down, if we have situations like the last few sales (a year for the Trew-Hardy handover; the Munto-Trew handover with hidden debts; the 534 days in administration after the Pavis-Scardino fiasco when we became all too familiar with the name Paul Finnity), we’re screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Didn’t someone post the other day that the Conference is a lot stricter on financial woes than the EFL? If the inevitable happens and we go down, if we have situations like the last few sales (a year for the Trew-Hardy handover; the Munto-Trew handover with hidden debts; the 534 days in administration after the Pavis-Scardino fiasco when we became all too familiar with the name Paul Finnity), we’re screwed.
    I think it's fair to say that we're screwed one way or another, yes.

You get them quoted back at you when you don't deliver! Do what you say you are going to do and stop talking Bull Shiite
    That's the Catch 22 for a football club owner. If you don't promise something reasonably exciting then the fans accuse you of lack of ambition and maybe don't turn up, but even if you think and invest big, there's no guarantee of success, as Derek Pavis, Scardino and Storrie, Ray Trew and Alan Hardy all found out in various ways.

Conduct your business quietly....
    Yes, agree with this. If the experiences of Trew and Hardy on social media are anything to go by, then this notion of engaging continuously with the fans is a recipe for disaster. Pavis was probably closer to the right balance. He did communicate with supporters, but through more formal channels and on his terms.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    There's another lesson for the next owner. State no ambitions and promise nothing, because if you do, you'll have them quoted back at you forever.
    Thats assuming we get another owner - if not what then?
    Last edited by Pieeyedandlegless; 28-01-2019 at 08:37 AM.

That's the Catch 22 for a football club owner. If you don't promise something reasonably exciting then the fans accuse you of lack of ambition and maybe don't turn up, but even if you think and invest big, there's no guarantee of success, as Derek Pavis, Scardino and Storrie, Ray Trew and Alan Hardy all found out in various ways.

Yes, agree with this. If the experiences of Trew and Hardy on social media are anything to go by, then this notion of engaging continuously with the fans is a recipe for disaster. Pavis was probably closer to the right balance. He did communicate with supporters, but through more formal channels and on his terms.

Too true. softly, softly catchee monkey. It pains me to say but when you look at the pace and timing of the investment of John Radford and his wife, Selfie, they seemed to have got it about right. Even they've had the odd blip tho. Promotion, new training ground, repurchased their stadium, whack a hotel in the corner to get a regular revenue stream. Puts us to shame, really.

A club has got to have ambition and a chairman/owner has got to project this. The old adage of under promise, over achieve should be the cautionary approach. The over promise, under achieve, 'we will be in the Championship in 5 years' has proved to be purely wishful thinking and without a stable base, a graduated plan and a deal of sensible targeted investment and a great deal of good fortune, completely unachievable.

Quote Originally Posted by rachid1 View Post
    Mr Hardy,will Notts still be getting the new million pound training ground that you were hopeful of being ready this month ?
    Oh Dear, are you a follower of that new sect," If I had a Brain I would be considered dangerous ".
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 28-01-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    A club has got to have ambition and a chairman/owner has got to project this. The old adage of under promise, over achieve should be the cautionary approach. The over promise, under achieve, 'we will be in the Championship in 5 years' has proved to be purely wishful thinking and without a stable base, a graduated plan and a deal of sensible targeted investment and a great deal of good fortune, completely unachievable.

Exactly my thoughts on the situation.

No one can fault AH enthusiasm & financial input, but the way he has gone about it is naive to say the least. Last season things were coming together nicely - crowds were up, new initiatives to bring in new/young fans, playoffs achieved, stadium & infrastructure spruced up a little. Maybe he got ahead of himself, and became blinded by his enthusiasm.

Even though Nolan achieved a little success in getting us to the playoffs, he was still a very inexperienced manager. To give him that amount of money was very reckless to say the least.

The rest has been a trainwreck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast