+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Ashley always on step ahead ?

Is Ashley always on step ahead ?

What cannot be denied is that yet again the FCB appears to have duped the media/Supporter Groups and to an extent the supporters by televising an assurance that the ficticious sale is well under way.
    So yet again we are days away from a fruitless transfer window & for whatever reason Rafa refuses to talk directly about transfers.Granted his recent interviews have indirectly questioned the strength of the squad but I cannot but harbour the thought that the FCB has put a gagging order on Rafa.
    The accusation that any direct talk of transfers only serves to bump the price up was once realistic but not now as we dont buy anyone !
    I see that leaflets are to be distributed to fans before the City game.Flags of our icons have previously been torn down & others gone missing so it wouldnt surprise me if there is something planned to mitigate the planned protest.
    So... do the supporter groups need to think smarter so as to catch the smug regime unawares ?

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    What cannot be denied is that yet again the FCB appears to have duped the media/Supporter Groups and to an extent the supporters by televising an assurance that the ficticious sale is well under way.
    So yet again we are days away from a fruitless transfer window & for whatever reason Rafa refuses to talk directly about transfers.Granted his recent interviews have indirectly questioned the strength of the squad but I cannot but harbour the thought that the FCB has put a gagging order on Rafa.
    The accusation that any direct talk of transfers only serves to bump the price up was once realistic but not now as we dont buy anyone !
    I see that leaflets are to be distributed to fans before the City game.Flags of our icons have previously been torn down & others gone missing so it wouldnt surprise me if there is something planned to mitigate the planned protest.
    So... do the supporter groups need to think smarter so as to catch the smug regime unawares ?
    In answer to the thread title..
    Only when he's looking for a fireplace...

As to the rest I don't know anyone personally that feels duped,only people who clung on to HOPE that the FCB would be gone..
    Everyone I know was always highly sceptical..

Even you. although sceptical. must have had a modicum of hope & thats what he feeds us on.Thats why I put the words 'to an extent'.
    The Mag Group have been deemed naive in suspending their protests but I for one (similarly naive) never thought that he would pull the same trick as he did last season.

Even you. although sceptical. must have had a modicum of hope & thats what he feeds us on.Thats why I put the words 'to an extent'.
    The Mag Group have been deemed naive in suspending their protests but I for one (similarly naive) never thought that he would pull the same trick as he did last season.
    Aye it kinds of meks us feckers look like a right load of tossers...I hate the fat bag of puss,with a passion..

The magpie group were right to pull the protests - I think that´s the only thing Ashley won´t have liked otherwise he´s guaranteed to have been saying now that it was the protest whaich scuppered the sale.

Having said that - now is the time for every supporter to release their wrath.

Thing is Jacapus Ashley would have used it as a reason for the sale not going through if the boycott/protests had gone on regardless. That’s all we would have heard, but he’s put himself in this position now so I just hope the matchgoers feed off it, but I’m 10x more sceptical about that than any sale tbh. His shyte would have been along the lines of
    ‘Well I was very close to selling, I said things were really advanced in early December, but when it came down to it the other party were put off by the attitude of the fans, that was the main reason, and ultimately they thought it was too much of a risk.’ Load of shyte would have come from the Twitter tw@ts and 95% cardboard cutouts who go to the game would have whinged and whined and blamed TMG for going ahead regardless and round you go.

He will not leave until we ALL stop feeding him.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    He will not leave until we ALL stop feeding him.
    All of the above..

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Thing is Jacapus Ashley would have used it as a reason for the sale not going through if the boycott/protests had gone on regardless. That’s all we would have heard, but he’s put himself in this position now so I just hope the matchgoers feed off it, but I’m 10x more sceptical about that than any sale tbh. His shyte would have been along the lines of
    ‘Well I was very close to selling, I said things were really advanced in early December, but when it came down to it the other party were put off by the attitude of the fans, that was the main reason, and ultimately they thought it was too much of a risk.’ Load of shyte would have come from the Twitter tw@ts and 95% cardboard cutouts who go to the game would have whinged and whined and blamed TMG for going ahead regardless and round you go.
    Think you're right with this bob.

This time he has been shown on national tv as a two-faced liar and it's getting noticed.

Only the feeble-minded.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)