+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr h

Mr h

Can we just take a pause to thank the owner despite all his issues and miscalculations this season for taking a step back and letting the football people do what was needed to give us a glimmer of a chance of pulling ourselves out of this mess, i honestly thought when he f'd up royally on twitter and almost immediately put us up for sale that he would wash his hands of the club and the mess it is in, i wasnt expecting anything in the transfer window , the guy has taken dogs abuse for over a year now from a lot of people so credit where its due and well done NA for dumping some of the deadwood and bringing in a bunch of players who look like they'd run through a brick wall for their shirt COYP!!

Agreed. Welcome and well said.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Don't be surprised if he get's his 'mojo' back for our club. Especially if somehow we manage to avoid relegation.

In other 'Biggun' related news:

Name:  Capture1.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  22.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Agreed.

Agreed also.
    Well done to him.

He's stuck to his word and that is to be commended. But I hope he doesn't reverse his decision to sell up. Now is the right time, while he still has some stock with fans. Going full RT would be good for no one.

Not sure we need another thread throwing rose petals at Hardy's feet but here's my two penneth for what it's worth.

1. He had no option other than to support the manager in his signings. The club is up for sale, he needs to recoup as much of his investment as possible and the best way to do that is make sure he has done everything within his power to assist his manager in securing league status, in turn ensuring the clubs resale potential is not devalued.

2. I don't think he deserves my sympathies. He's an adult and a successful business man with access to enough cash to be able to live his dream as an owner of a football league club. He himself would have taken advantage of mistakes and the weaknesses in others in order to achieve whatever targets he has set himself over the years. People like Hardy don't get where they are in life by being sympathetic, it's a dog eat dog world in business and I would imagine he didn't give two sh1ts about the people he has probably left bloodied and wounded (metaphorically speaking) in his wake during his quest to reach his own promised land. In simple terms you live by the sword and you die by the sword.

3. His leaving twitter after that fateful episode was purely damage limitation. Add to that his appearance on EMT, it reminded me a little of when people ring in sick at work and put on a whiney sickly voice hoping that gains them some sympathy in the matter. I'm not saying he isn't embarrassed or hurting or feeling the pressure, of course he is, he is only human after all, but please don't think any of that was without calculation.

4. Finally it will be interesting to see what happens if it looks like we are going to turn things around. Imagine if by some strange alignment of the planets we actually beat Lincoln tomorrow, the whole club and its fans will be riding an enormous wave of optimism and good will and I'm not sure he will be able to resist the temptation to jump back on Twitter to take the plaudits, probably quickly followed by a statement that he is going to put the sale of the club on hold until the end of the season so as not to upset matters on the pitch. Suddenly he is back at Messiah levels with many fans!

Now I know this won't sit well with many of you and please don't think I'm still trying to have a dig because I'm not. I have no ill will towards the bloke and I sincerely hope his health and more importantly his family hasn't suffered because of recent events. I do believe his support of NA and him staying out of the limelight over the last couple of days has been commendable, but it never had to come to this, and that really is my point.

'Don't be surprised if he get's his 'mojo' back for our club. Especially if somehow we manage to avoid relegation'.

In other 'Biggun' related news:

Orrr, maybe not:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...e-alan-2496025

Quote Originally Posted by countygump[url
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-takeover-update-alan-2496025[/url]
    Three consortium's looking at possibly taking over the club and club sold in 4 weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Three consortium's looking at possibly taking over the club.
    Within 4 weeks??????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast