+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signing speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Right, so it's another act of charity.

I should have realised.
    Give it a rest will you, whatever it is, if it is, its good news.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Give it a rest will you, whatever it is, if it is, its good news.
    You miss the point. The loans of Yates and Grant were undoubtedly good news until the end of last year, but that isn't what we're really talking about. The point is were they loaned just to help us out, or were they loaned with the primary aim of giving them first team experience in order to aid their development?

If you think it's the former, then carry on kissing Tricky's arse.

You miss the point. The loans of Yates and Grant were undoubtedly good news until the end of last year, but that isn't what we're really talking about. The point is were they loaned just to help us out, or were they loaned with the primary aim of giving them first team experience in order to aid their development?

If you think it's the former, then carry on kissing Tricky's arse.
    Kissing my arse?
    Like my opinion counts for anything in this? lol

No player is loaned for the sole benefit of the loaning club. It's to do with a players development, (or in some cases to get them off the books for a while)
    Grant and Yates benefited Notts, but Yates had the opportunity to up his game and took it.

Your owner then decided to expand his usual meltdowns on social media and thought it great to slag their club off in public.
    Now you refuse to see any of this as to Notts benefit, simply down to your hatred of NFFC.

If you don't like what's been offered, write to both clubs and tell them.
    I had hoped to see a more formal cross over between the two clubs, but history tells me that Notts have a habit of ****ing it up.

Lets hope you don't **** this kid up or the beneficial relationship on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Kissing my arse?
    Like my opinion counts for anything in this? lol

No player is loaned for the sole benefit of the loaning club. It's to do with a players development, (or in some cases to get them off the books for a while)
    Grant and Yates benefited Notts, but Yates had the opportunity to up his game and took it.

Your owner then decided to expand his usual meltdowns on social media and thought it great to slag their club off in public.
    Now you refuse to see any of this as to Notts benefit, simply down to your hatred of NFFC.

If you don't like what's been offered, write to both clubs and tell them.
    I had hoped to see a more formal cross over between the two clubs, but history tells me that Notts have a habit of ****ing it up.

Lets hope you don't **** this kid up or the beneficial relationship on offer.
    If you had used the term 'mutually beneficial' in the last line of your post, you wouldn't have come across as patronising.

Wonder why you didn't?

If you had used the term 'mutually beneficial' in the last line of your post, you wouldn't have come across as patronising.

Wonder why you didn't?
    Good point. But clearly there is a new regime at the Temple of Sin and they recognise this has got a bit silly and is in no-one's interests. MON probably went drinking with half the Notts players in his youth back in the 70s so will have no wish to carry this on, never mind the fact he played for us. Maybe Karanka was the issue just as much as Hardy, or maybe someone pissed off Gary Brazil, which is pay back for him pissing off PissedOffMagpie (POM), wherever you are. I doubt Dennis Rissoles was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Good point. But clearly there is a new regime at the Temple of Sin and they recognise this has got a bit silly and is in no-one's interests.
    Exactly. Any loan deal between the two clubs should be ideal from the perspective of both. We should be more aware of what we get, and they can easily and closely monitor the progress of any loanee without much effort. My gripe is with arrogant Forest arseholes who simply see them doing a deal with us as an act of charity.

OY VEY, OYVEY! What a storm in a fekkin' teacup.

It's a loan signing - you know like hundreds of others every season.

Yep he would probably have gone to Mansfield, with the other 2 Forest lads, but they've used up their 5 loan player allocation. The sensible thing to do is for Forest to farm Gomis out to somewhere local. You can't get more local than Notts.

As I see it, football is just business. Parent club benefits by adding experience to outgoing player's cv and borrowing club benefits, (hopefully), from loanee's performances on the pitch. No conspiracy by either party, just good business sense for all concerned !

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    OY VEY, OYVEY! What a storm in a fekkin' teacup.

It's a loan signing - you know like hundreds of others every season.

Yep he would probably have gone to Mansfield, with the other 2 Forest lads, but they've used up their 5 loan player allocation. The sensible thing to do is for Forest to farm Gomis out to somewhere local. You can't get more local than Notts.

As I see it, football is just business. Parent club benefits by adding experience to outgoing player's cv and borrowing club benefits, (hopefully), from loanee's performances on the pitch. No conspiracy by either party, just good business sense for all concerned !
    Of course, if the player is later sold, the team he went to on loan gets a share.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    Of course, if the player is later sold, the team he went to on loan gets a share.
    Eh? Well that would be nice too

Brereton (supposedly) went for £6 million, I can't remember the details of the scheme now but even a small percentage of that kind of money would be worthwhile.

So you'd have to hope that he was sold in a mega deal.

I used to have to handle some of these payments. It was quite painful to see money going to a big club.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast