+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 league games left to play ..........predictions...

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    I predict another play off loss. It doesn't feel like we've made any progress whatsoever over the last three years. A couple of new manager bounces but that's about it. Mediocrity followed by more mediocrity. Neilson will be gone by this time next year I feel. Replaced by ? Feels like a never ending cycle at this point.
    Feel similar that we have yet to improve much though worst period has been under csaba.

We need to win the league. For Livi in 2018 see Ayr 2019 - a team come up from league one who physically get the better of us and beat us during season.

Don’t want play offs and need to win this division. Division is really poor this league and that is only thing that makes me think there might still be a chance.

Any 2 from bottom three to go down in SPL and any of top 3 in championship can still win title.

Likes of ICT / Morton / QOS / Pars any mid table championship side still have chance of last play off spot and might have momentum coming into those matches

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    I predict another play off loss. It doesn't feel like we've made any progress whatsoever over the last three years. A couple of new manager bounces but that's about it. Mediocrity followed by more mediocrity. Neilson will be gone by this time next year I feel. Replaced by ? Feels like a never ending cycle at this point.
    I doubt if our new owner and MD will accept mediocrity.
    Robbie will probably be given time but will go if they don’t think he’s up for the job.
    Who knows how long that will be.

What with this negativity about Neilson not being here, it's a joke

He is at the very beginning of rebuilding the team, not some short term which fix

A few of those predictions I simply cannot see, Falkirk won't go down imo, Raith no guarantee to beat the championship side whoever it is

Think we week be in playoffs, also think the championship side will defeat St Mirren or Accies in the playoffs

The fun are on the same pts as we are after 23 games in 2016 but are very fortunate tau have two such poor sides in the league, when our results improved during Feb-Apr that season we had a gap to cut of 12 pts to the 11th place side so it proved fruitless, they should finish tenth now, however still think they'd struggle in the playoffs, especially if it's Ayr

Looking forward to the run in, a bonus if we get up somehow, next season to hit the ground running if not, confident in Neilson with a full summer to prepare

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    What with this negativity about Neilson not being here, it's a joke

He is at the very beginning of rebuilding the team, not some short term which fix
    I totally agree, it's just crazy and needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I totally agree, it's just crazy and needs to stop.
    I agree with this.....to an extent. However, I am genuinely concerned that he hasn't really addressed our biggest shortcomings, for me. Going into this window we desperately needed a good keeper, a centre-half and a right-back. So far he has signed a young laddie at right back and a reserve keeper.

It also concerns me that he seems happy playing Callum Booth at left-back and refuses to try Safranko and Clark as a proper front two. Tactically we don't look like there's any specific plan in operation, with or without the ball. And defensively we are still a shambles more often than not.

I also think there's a cumulative effect here. We've put up with so much shyte and mismanagement at all levels of the club for so long that many have just reached breaking point. Personally I'm sick of us being so easy to play against and so defensively fragile. I don't think we've had a manager since Levein (possibly Houston) who seemed capable of changing a game in our favour when we go a goal down.

It doesn't look like you really agree with what shedka and I have said.

I do agree he needs more time but I am quite concerned with what I've seen from him so far.

There is no magic wand to fix the malaise at Tannadice, based on the apparent common sense approach of the new owners to date, I’d be confident they will give him the necessary time and tools to do his job effectively.

Imo we will fall during the playoffs this year, Robbie will regroup, big changes will occur with the squad and we will storm the league next season ala his Hearts team, playing decent football and will make the fans smile again ;-)

IMO he cannot and should not be judged until he has had a full preseason to build.

I know we are all looking for a Steve Clarke style resurgence but that is not the norm.

Robbie needs time to turn this squad over.

Even if we don't qualify for the play offs I'll still advocate he gets the preseason minimum to build. I'd argue he needs another 2 windows after this one to be able to be fully judged on what he has built.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)