+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 league games left to play ..........predictions...

14 league games left to play ..........predictions...

We have 14 league games left to play ( excluding play offs ).

If Ayr win their game in hand they would be joint top with County on 42 points - United would be 6 points behind.

We all want United to either win the league or the play offs, but unfortunately I am going to predict the following ( I hope I am proved wrong ).

Ross County to win the league

Ayr beat United in play offs, but get beat by Dundee in play off final.

Raith beat Falkirk in play offs .

New teams next season in Championship will be St Mirren, Arbroath and Raith.

County get promoted, Falkirk get relegated and Ayr remain in Championship.

So, we have 14 games left to turn things around - can Robbie and the new signings pull it off ?

United will be in the mix, but based on recent performances it's going to be a big ask.

Anything is possible.

It's certainly going to be an interesting 3 months.
    I hope the 12th man plays his part.

Cue...eh'm no phukn cheerin on that heap o' sh1te

Gut tells me we will get knocked out the playoffs before the final.

Can't see the players handling the pressure sadly.

Sorry no offence but I can't bring myself to do this.

It doesn't bear thinking about

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    We have 14 league games left to play ( excluding play offs ).

If Ayr win their game in hand they would be joint top with County on 42 points - United would be 6 points behind.

We all want United to either win the league or the play offs, but unfortunately I am going to predict the following ( I hope I am proved wrong ).

Ross County to win the league

Ayr beat United in play offs, but get beat by Dundee in play off final.

Raith beat Falkirk in play offs .

New teams next season in Championship will be St Mirren, Arbroath and Raith.

County get promoted, Falkirk get relegated and Ayr remain in Championship.

So, we have 14 games left to turn things around - can Robbie and the new signings pull it off ?

United will be in the mix, but based on recent performances it's going to be a big ask.

Anything is possible.
    Still too early to call!

I think County will win the league.

Regarding the play offs, in order to reach the final, I think we would need to see the January signings gel with what's there PDQ and go on a winning streak the likes of which we have not seen since that time when we had that huge backlog of games in hand and we somehow managed to win them all! I think that Houstie was still manager then, so that shows how long ago that was!

However, if we somehow manage to make the play offs final, I rekon we would have enough momentum in our tank to give us a right good chance to beat whoever finishes 11th in the Premier.

As it stands ATM though, we're a poor side that needs serious rebuilding.
    Last edited by cybershed; 29-01-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Gut tells me we will get knocked out the playoffs before the final.

Can't see the players handling the pressure sadly.
    Certainly signs that not much has changed but i have blind hope that a few of our signings change that view

Confidence can have huge effect too. It seems to me the players are lacking this at the moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Confidence can have huge effect too. It seems to me the players are lacking this at the moment though.
    Lack of leadership on park as well

I predict another play off loss. It doesn't feel like we've made any progress whatsoever over the last three years. A couple of new manager bounces but that's about it. Mediocrity followed by more mediocrity. Neilson will be gone by this time next year I feel. Replaced by ? Feels like a never ending cycle at this point.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)