+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 14 league games left to play ..........predictions...

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Well let's hope that the players don't have your mindset. Or the rest of the fans for that matter. Might as well just rip up my season ticket (!)
    Aim is to win. Morton at home should be 3 points. Simple

If we can’t win these matches then we aren’t winning the title.

The mindset is that we should be winning our matches - that winning mentality and determination not to pass up our opportunities and must win games is what’s been missing these last 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That will be Motherwell that just lost at home to Ross County a couple weeks back and Dundee who couldn't beat Queen's at home (outplayed) and are trailing them right now in the replay (and have lost at home to Ayr and Dunfermline too this season)
    Cup games completely different from league games as you know. We are playing terrible football just now and don't look like a team that will be good enough for promotion. I hope this changes in the next few weeks and on watching the Dee v 'Well highlights both teams look more than capable of beating us. I am ready for another season in the championship with RN getting his own team together and getting us up. Can't see it this season, simply not good enough just now.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    And what if Ross County lose? Game over for winning title on Saturday, what a lot of nonsense.
    I agree in part with what LS is saying. We MUST win on Saturday, Ross County's results should be irrelevant to us for as much as they are 6 points ahead with a far superior goal difference this shouldn't hinder our ultimate goal of getting 3 points for ourselves. That's all that should matter to us for the remainder of the season.

We should also be looking at the 2 teams below us(also with a better goal difference) as well as above or in 2 games time we could be in 5th position and out of the play off spots.

The key is to just concentrate on ourselves and fight to get 3 points every week.

We are being dragged into a dog fight with teams below. Thats the danger now. Concentrate on our results they have to improve or we wont make play offs. I think a fully fit nesbitt, clark, seaman, gomis, fyvie and harkes will help us turn around the season. Hearing a CB is being sought with a winger and forward. Hope its true but if we invest that much and dont go up thats going to be a big big worry.

Just a thought..

Suppose there was a C'ship Select XI selected just now.
    How many players would we have in?
    Not hellish many I think. Lucky to get two but don't ask me to name them.

Having seen the other 9 teams in our league this season, most of them twice, a couple 3 times, I'm seeing the opposition squads man-for-man every bit as good as us.

So why the great expectation that we win the league? It's because of our status but our status is waning. And expectation can be a weight, some don't handle it.

Jobby, Robbo, Goodwin etc tell their players, they are the supposed big team, get ripped in, they're vulnerable, they have no stand-out players & most of them are not up for the fight.

Hence the results we're seeing.

I apologise for a negative post but it might explain why we're not performing up to expectation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)