+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Lincoln City 02.02.19

Lincoln will have no idea what to expect and neither will the fans tomorrow. So on that basis anything could be possible.

I'm going to be cautious and go for 1-1 which is a similar result to when we played Mansfield at home in Kevin Nolan and Alan Hardy's first game in charge which was 0-0. That was the end of the 10 game losing run.

Attendance; 14,000

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    After all the new signings it will be interesting to see the line-up for Saturday. I think this is a "free hit" (as they say in the Premiership, when Huddersfield play Man City). Since Lincoln are so massively superior to us, why don't we just chuck all the new lads in & go for it? If we stick with our standard team we will get hammered anyway? But if we surprise 'em with a strange new side, you never know... strange things do happen...
    Not a bad idea. Perhaps the best way for the new players to get to know each other's strengths and weaknesses is by playing in a red -hot local derby. Add in Aless, Enzio and either Kellet, Bird or Stead and who knows. Of course living in NZ I don't know much about the quality of the new signings but, judging by their interviews, there seems to be several hard nosed battlers in there. I reckon we can scrap and scrape our way out of this mess.

I'm still recovering from that first home game of the season against Yeovil.....my first visit to Meadow Lane in 60 years. Bloody near ruined my holiday.

I’m full of unbridled, probably unfounded optimism about the game today. Actually quite excited.

3-1 Notts Enzio, CMS, and O’Brien

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    My naive optimism has officially got the better of me.

3 - 2 (O'Brien, Bird, CMS)

14525 in attendance to watch our new testosterone-fuelled midfield scare the living daylights out of the Imps.

Notts to go on a 17 match winning streak and nick the last play off spot, causing Big Al's todger to acquire legendary status second only to that of the wheelbarrow.
    I just love the post Driller, and share your amazing optimism. I will be shocked if we don't get at least a draw from today.

A draw today and for the next 3 games or so, would be a positive result, IMO. Till things jell and against really decent sides, that would be far better than we have had.

Notts 1 Lincoln 1
    CMS to score

Attendance 11,906

A hopeful Notts 2 Lincoln 2
    enzio and cms
    att 11458

much more hopeful than i was i dont expect us to win this game seeing as its top against bottom and we have a lot of new faces to blend into a match winning outfit, what i do expect is to give it a bloody good go in a game where we would have got tonked 4 or 5 nil a couple of weeks ago, expecting a team raring to go after a fortnight off in a full blooded game possibly a red card for each side COYP

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567