+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you pay more for the entrance fee?

Would you pay more for the entrance fee?

We all know how much Tony Stewart has put in to this club and again I for one are truly greatful.

We are all banging the drum on how little has been spent in recruitment, so I’ll put this question out. Are you willing to see an increase in the entrance fee next season, if this went some way to help recruitment?

We have had no increase on the entrance fee for some years, yet we expect ST to dig deeper into his own pockets towards recruitment.

I would not object to an increase on the entrance fee next year if it helps strengthen the squad.
    Last edited by Brin; 29-01-2019 at 03:44 PM.

It is a tough one to put the price up if we get relegated Brin but it's not gone up for years now has it?

Yeah increase it to 200 quid a game and we might be able to sign a Prem player of two who are over the hill. Might not be many there to watch ‘em though 😉
    Last edited by sota; 29-01-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Nope. Think I pay enough though I've never asked TS to spend his money and blow it on silly overpriced players...
    I'm happy for us to develop slowly we had to many years yo-yoing from league 1 and 2. At least it's now league 1 and the championship.
    In may it will be 7 full seasons at NYS. 4 of those have been spent in the championship. 3 promotions. 2 trips to Wembley. Played 2 games with over 50k in attendance. Ok we have had 1 (poss 2) relegations the positive way out ways the negatives

Yes, but would it really raise sufficient to make a significant difference
    Lets say he puts ST's up by £100
    IF 5,000 renewed that would generate £500,000 which lets be honest is chicken feed in todays market

Match day up by £5 would generate similar so £1,000,000 in total

Big gamble for him as tbh it would affect gates so above figures are optimistic to say the least

So then for rounded figures purposes.

Let’s say ticket fee is £20 and it’s increased to £25

If one fan says “stuff that” it means 4 tickets at the new price have to be sold to get the £20 back that the leaving fan was paying.

Plus you get a drop in incidental profits like merchandising, catering and draw tickets.

Maybe the fans would put up with smaller increases but I doubt that it would trigger off any major changes in our signings (or lack of signings) policy

Maybe we could all donate £100 to a transfer fund?
    😊

Or they could level the playing field, maximum wage or something.

Americans try to level the playing field in their sports and they're ultra-capitalists.

I wouldn’t have a problem but I’d imagine some would especially families.

Agree with Bramleymiller

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    We all know how much Tony Stewart has put in to this club and again I for one are truly greatful.

We are all banging the drum on how little has been spent in recruitment, so I’ll put this question out. Are you willing to see an increase in the entrance fee next season, if this went some way to help recruitment?

We have had no increase on the entrance fee for some years, yet we expect ST to dig deeper into his own pockets towards recruitment.

I would not object to an increase on the entrance fee next year if it helps strengthen the squad.
    You mean he's even changed his name to Stewart Tony ?.. 😁 sorry Brin had to do it..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast