+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 54 Points to play For

54 Points to play For

Starting Tonight , some interesting fixtures for us, and the teams around us , it's all dependant on how we all fair of course , in our case if we want Autos for certain ? We could possibly afford to drop 9/10 pts max , what do you think ?

You need to be finishing on 90 plus points for automatic from this division.

96 points last season to get the 2nd automatic and 98 to win it .

Funny league because the year we last went up Wigan won it with 88 points .

I suspect we are going to need over 90 to get automatic promotion .

Another 40 points I reckon will be enough .

I take it as a given we aren't going to drop out of the top 6 unless the wheels really come off .

On another note I'd like to see the last home game against Blackpool priced at a tenner and kids a quid .

Sell the match out because automatic could well ride on it .

I don't remember us being this good the last two times we've escaped from this division. We need to keep this form up not worry so much about numbers. In 2006 I thought I was being ridiculous in March when I told my Coventry cousin ...'when we win the playoffs I will...' We were not even in the top 6 then. Plus in 2016 look where we rose from.

Quote Originally Posted by linzbfc View Post
    I don't remember us being this good the last two times we've escaped from this division. We need to keep this form up not worry so much about numbers. In 2006 I thought I was being ridiculous in March when I told my Coventry cousin ...'when we win the playoffs I will...' We were not even in the top 6 then. Plus in 2016 look where we rose from.
    I don't know how we got promoted in 2006 , seriously average team in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't know how we got promoted in 2006 , seriously average team in my opinion .
    It was me and my lucky polo! It was an inexplicable promotion in some ways but I had a feeling we'd beat Huddersfield because we'd been unlucky in the two league games against them. That's why we need to keep an eye on how we do against our promotion rivals. I would not want to face Peterborough again.

Quote Originally Posted by linzbfc View Post
    It was me and my lucky polo! It was an inexplicable promotion in some ways but I had a feeling we'd beat Huddersfield because we'd been unlucky in the two league games against them. That's why we need to keep an eye on how we do against our promotion rivals. I would not want to face Peterborough again.
    How we got through extra time in the play off final still at 2-2 is a mystery , Swansea seemed to miss 3 or 4 absolute sitters .

Once it got to pens I was relieved and thought we'd do it based on it's our time .

This is what we thought end of January ,,, we're still on track