+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Day, We Beat Stockport County at Wembley .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That Day, We Beat Stockport County at Wembley .

Always had it in my head,...That this was a win, or nothing..

Forget the Clarets taking over Wembley, ,,We had to win!! We Did Just with ,...Ted Mcmimm was it ?..

Had we have lost,..We Could be in Stockport Countys shoes Now!!..

Just a Thought!!

Scary but true.

Aye a good memory Jon, unfortunately I was at work driving a bus that day between Crystal Palace and Oxford Circus, I'd broken down on purpose so I could listen to it ont radio but unfortunately I couldn't get the commentary

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Always had it in my head,...That this was a win, or nothing..

Forget the Clarets taking over Wembley, ,,We had to win!! We Did Just with ,...Ted Mcmimm was it ?..

Had we have lost,..We Could be in Stockport Countys shoes Now!!..

Just a Thought!!

Scary but true.
    They were down to 9 men and we just managed to hang on!

Tin Man played a blinder, including getting one of theirs sent off. I was 'lucky' to be there, I was due to be working at Nelson that weekend, but a couple of weeks before I'd come off my mountain bike in a race at Gisburn Forest and my arm was in a sling. Expert opinion was that it should have been OK for me to return to work that weekend, but unfortunately it didn't get any better that week and I was able to get down to Wembley. I believe the Chief Fire Officer paid one of his flying visits to East Lancashire that weekend and remarked, quite deadpan, on the remarkably high sickness levels at both Burnley and Nelson that weekend.

A group of eight of us went down .. What a great time we had .

I was told afterwards that the only people not celebrating after the game were our directors, who really didn't feel they could afford to be financing a team at a higher level. And of course they couldn't and didn't, we came straight back down.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I was told afterwards that the only people not celebrating after the game were our directors, who really didn't feel they could afford to be financing a team at a higher level. And of course they couldn't and didn't, we came straight back down.
    Not much changes in our Board's mindset sinkov.

Fortunately for our directors now BT, they've got Sean Dyche to bail them out, but when Sean goes, you just watch us go downhill at a rate of knots. But Sean's departure is what some of our fans would like, presumably they think there's someone out there who could do better. Well maybe, although I don't see him, be careful what you wish for is what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Fortunately for our directors now BT, they've got Sean Dyche to bail them out, but when Sean goes, you just watch us go downhill at a rate of knots. But Sean's departure is what some of our fans would like, presumably they think there's someone out there who could do better. Well maybe, although I don't see him, be careful what you wish for is what I say.
    Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of agreeing with you!

Brothers in Arms mon ami.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)