+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Thorne

George Thorne

When it was announced G.T. was going to Luton on loan for the rest of the season, I thought this was a good move all round.
    A chance for him to get some game time in a side competing at the top of league 1, prove his fitness and come back ready to fight for his place next season.
    Although I accept its still early days, he certainly isn't pulling any trees up. Hasn't made bench tonight for such a big game.
    Crucial time for him, between now and end of season.

His wife has just had a baby hence not in squad.

Still 16 games to go to prove his fitness. 1 appearance so far, missed last night due to the baby arriving. May have a couple of bench appearances while he is getting used to their system.

I wish him well. So well that he comes back and does for us that which we know he is capable of next season.

I think he's finished, hope he comes back and proves me wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I think he's finished, hope he comes back and proves me wrong!
    MoP He's definitely not finished Just a strange place to send him in loan to Luton top of league never going to be easy to get a game in a team that's going so well Also out of the cups plus since Thorne has been there they signed Moncur from Barnsley in his position Just hope he's not wasting his time there

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MoP He's definitely not finished Just a strange place to send him in loan to Luton top of league never going to be easy to get a game in a team that's going so well Also out of the cups plus since Thorne has been there they signed Moncur from Barnsley in his position Just hope he's not wasting his time there
    Luton must have plans for him otherwise why sign him?

Yes why sign him then pay money for another player in the same position Have to wait and see how it works out I still think he has a good future with us

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes why sign him then pay money for another player in the same position Have to wait and see how it works out I still think he has a good future with us
    Last chance saloon IMO. Lamps has given him half a season in the 23s, away from the pressure, to get back up to speed. He looked it and was playing well in the 23s.

These last 16 games at Luton, staying fit and playing well will see him back in the first team squad next season.

If he doesn't stay fit and/or doesn't perform then Derby will unload. It will be a shame because the player we saw in his first nearly 50 games for us, prior to the double break would be more than welcome in just about any side. We have to face the reality that THAT player is no more. I sincerely hope he IS.

[QUOTE=MadAmster;39133142]Last chance saloon IMO. Lamps has given him half a season in the 23s, away from the pressure, to get back up to speed. He looked it and was playing well in the 23s.

These last 16 games at Luton, staying fit and playing well will see him back in the first team squad next season.

If he doesn't stay fit and/or doesn't perform then Derby will unload. It will be a shame because the player we saw in his first nearly 50 games for us, prior to the double break would be more than welcome in just about any side. We have to face the reality that THAT player is no more. I sincerely hope he IS.
    He can neither play well or get or get fit he's not being selected can he So why send him to a top of the table team Lampard has done him no favours by not even benching him for cup games If a half fit Thorne isn't better than Evans i will stop supporting

[QUOTE=mistaram;39133218]
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Last chance saloon IMO. Lamps has given him half a season in the 23s, away from the pressure, to get back up to speed. He looked it and was playing well in the 23s.

He can neither play well or get or get fit he's not being selected can he So why send him to a top of the table team Lampard has done him no favours by not even benching him for cup games If a half fit Thorne isn't better than Evans i will stop supporting
    They have had 2 games. The first he came on for the last 20 minutes. The second Luton gave him time off as his girl friend was in labour......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)