+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dyche’s post match comments

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I must admit, alto, that you paint a picture of total disillusionment as far as the Clarets are concerned, it must get you down.
    It does touch me Alf, but I have other more important family and private matters that take priority, but one thing I don't go in for is quotes of Don't worry its only a game and nothing we say will change anything bollox, its maybe true but banter, conversation and different views make life what it is, and yes I'll express myself when we are in the best money league in the World and our Board are doing Phuck all to keep us in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Football of the 60's is well and truly history and unfortunately will never return which I know hurts you just as much as me Alf.

Any team be it PL or a Sunday League team need to attack, you know that Alf, we hit Manure in the 81st minute and for 14 minutes we was up against it, we didn't loose the 3 points because of Moss or the "guessed" injury time, or BFC's resolute defence, we could have got beat if Manure had taken their chances better as we was all over the place and lucky to escape with a draw, 14 minutes of backs against the wall, we sometimes do that for 90 minutes and some on here enjoy it and "believe" we are Premier League material, when in reality with the way we are sporadic we are just an average Championship team.
    I enjoy it because we are competing in the Premier League, something which I never thought I would see. I have no illusions about the club at all because I have been supporting them for a very long time. We have great times in the late 1950s and then the 1960s, we have had crap times in the 1980s and have since been working our way back to a better place.

I have said many times that to really compete in the PL would need a lot of outside investment, something which is very unlikely to happen, however, I enjoy the fact that we are where we are and if that is wrong, then I am guilty as charged.
    Don't ever underestimate what Sean Dyche has done for Burnley, it may not be pretty but it has been pretty effective!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I enjoy it because we are competing in the Premier League, something which I never thought I would see. I have no illusions about the club at all because I have been supporting them for a very long time. We have great times in the late 1950s and then the 1960s, we have had crap times in the 1980s and have since been working our way back to a better place.

I have said many times that to really compete in the PL would need a lot of outside investment, something which is very unlikely to happen, however, I enjoy the fact that we are where we are and if that is wrong, then I am guilty as charged.
    Don't ever underestimate what Sean Dyche has done for Burnley, it may not be pretty but it has been pretty effective!
    Again, if you re read my post and previous posts I also enjoy being in the PL, but I don't believe (IMO) the Burnley Board have given back to the team what we have earned, what is it doing sitting in the Bank with the theory "BFC will be safe for years to come rubbish" ? we have been there and heard that from Kilby, it lasted a couple of years, We are in the money league now and need[ed] to strengthen, I don't underestimate what Sean Dyche has done for BFC all with one hand tied behind his back and I'm surprised he's still plying his trade here.

Yes, the prestige is great, but when you look at a Board who are not too keen on letting money go by taking a slight chance its very frustrating, and when they do venture out with their tentative amateur efforts they purchase below average players like Wells, Walters, Lennon, Vydra etc etc then a lot is wrong with our forward planning, if you can call it forward planning.

Just enjoying where we are now is not good enough, I've been through the ruff and smooth the same as any true Claret, regardless of it not making any difference or changing anything you must vent any frustrations, be it in Football, Politics, Religion or the Weather, I always told my Children always be inquisitive and ask Why.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Who was the player referred to at the end when he said, 'no he won't be going anywhere', I couldn't tell who the journo was talking about ?
    Gibson.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Again, if you re read my post and previous posts I also enjoy being in the PL, but I don't believe (IMO) the Burnley Board have given back to the team what we have earned, what is it doing sitting in the Bank with the theory "BFC will be safe for years to come rubbish" ? we have been there and heard that from Kilby, it lasted a couple of years, We are in the money league now and need[ed] to strengthen, I don't underestimate what Sean Dyche has done for BFC all with one hand tied behind his back and I'm surprised he's still plying his trade here.

Yes, the prestige is great, but when you look at a Board who are not too keen on letting money go by taking a slight chance its very frustrating, and when they do venture out with their tentative amateur efforts they purchase below average players like Wells, Walters, Lennon, Vydra etc etc then a lot is wrong with our forward planning, if you can call it forward planning.

Just enjoying where we are now is not good enough, I've been through the ruff and smooth the same as any true Claret, regardless of it not making any difference or changing anything you must vent any frustrations, be it in Football, Politics, Religion or the Weather, I always told my Children always be inquisitive and ask Why.
    Fair comments, however, I never ever get frustrated about things over which I have no control. In fact, I never, ever get frustrated about things which I can control ---I just ensure that I get on top of it and make it all work. We are all different, some worry, others don't. some want to know the ins and outs of a duck's arse, others just can't be arsed etc., etc.

I had a mate who analysed life to the minutest detail and wanted to know the answer to everything --he was 55 when he died and was still looking for answers! I'm still here --I suppose I should be grateful for that.

S.D should be happy as a sandboy - another team on an off day (rotation ?) - had difficulty hitting the target - and when it did happen....Tom pulled ooff some quality saves - mistakes and a poor defence assisted us to the goals - otherwise....we had little else in attacking threat - so a pity we couldn't take all the points - but as not many would have sniffed at a draw before the game - Result imo.....the Lucky points continue - just a pity that again - makes it difficult to see anything "truly" positive.

Im all for Dyche and think he’s doing a great job but his postmatch comments are starting to annoy me abit He could and I think should praise the guys for they hard work and focus through almost the whole match. And when you see the focus is dropping along with the workrate you could make a couple changes.

1.«Touch on the shoulder, and suddenly your legs don’t work» Isn’t this what he earlier has called gamemanship and is all for? You get a touch in the area and go down? Im confused about what he actually think about this, and so percive it mainly as moaning.

2. «The 5 added minutes» We didn’t waste as much time as we normally do when ahead. I dread the extra time every time now that we have started that. Maybe five minutes was too much, but when McNeil is about to get off he runs to the other end of the field just to waist as much time as possible getting off. We get a yellow for timewasting... I say that’s on ourself and not something to complain about when comming we knew all about Fergietime.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Gibson.
    Cheers BT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)