+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Notts v Mansfaild tickets

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Correct. All of a sudden Mansfailed think they are a big club. In a few years time normal service will be resumed and they will struggle to bring 1k.
    I think they will always bring a big following to ML, regardless of how they are doing. It has always been that way. A few years ago they were averaging 3k at home in L2 but probably still sold out the away allocation at ML.

But I agree that normal service will eventually be resumed. Clubs having a good season always fall into the trap of thinking their bad days are behind them. Look at us last season - we all thought it was onwards and upwards from now on. A lot of Mansfield fans think they'll be playing Forest in the Championship soon, or emulating Bournemouth in the Prem, but they are more likely to end up broke and in non-league again.

Football has a funny way of turning things on its head. Remember just a few years ago when Portsmouth were flying high in the Prem and Southampton were down in L1. I'm guessing most Pompy fans thought the good times were there to stay. A few years later and Southampton were back in the top division and Pompy dropped all the way to L2. I guess the lesson is to enjoy success while it lasts, because it never lasts forever.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 09-02-2019 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Is it not normal for an away club to be given an initial allocation and if that is sold out to then be given more?
    It sounds like a storm in a tea cup because Mansfield fans got impatient and started panicking about missing out so will now sit with Notts fans, unable to chat, clap or celebrate if you score.
    All away clubs ask for the amount they think they can sell first. because if they don't all sell the away club as to pay for the tickets left over.
    also the police have a say in all this the concorce under the stands on the sirrel is not safe for full capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    All away clubs ask for the amount they think they can sell first. because if they don't all sell the away club as to pay for the tickets left over.
    also the police have a say in all this the concorce under the stands on the sirrel is not safe for full capacity.

'if they don't all sell the away club as to pay for the tickets left over'.

Never realised that. Could be a big risk.

Couldn’t give 2 hoots how many stags fans come to the game. Best bit about it is they hate Hardy passionately, yet are happy to line his pockets.

Sing your songs, drink our beer, eat or pies, enjoy your big day out.

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    Glad you said ‘ Stags fans’
    For the minute , thought we were playing Barcelona
    What with stand named Bishops Street and a C.E.O. with Graucho Marx Eyebrows. 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdogs View Post
    This needs to stop, you have to be fair to Mansfield.

They are currently attracting above average crowds for this level and the best crowds at Field Mill for years, I haven't known them to be like this for at least 10 years. Just because County crowds are naturally bigger doesn't mean Mansfields are 'low gates'

Believe it or not, Notts County are not the industrial standard for L2 attendances. Christ.
    Another six fingered wooser has mumbled.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think they will always bring a big following to ML, regardless of how they are doing. It has always been that way. A few years ago they were averaging 3k at home in L2 but probably still sold out the away allocation at ML.

But I agree that normal service will eventually be resumed. Clubs having a good season always fall into the trap of thinking their bad days are behind them. Look at us last season - we all thought it was onwards and upwards from now on. A lot of Mansfield fans think they'll be playing Forest in the Championship soon, or emulating Bournemouth in the Prem, but they are more likely to end up broke and in non-league again.

Football has a funny way of turning things on its head. Remember just a few years ago when Portsmouth were flying high in the Prem and Southampton were down in L1. I'm guessing most Pompy fans thought the good times were there to stay. A few years later and Southampton were back in the top division and Pompy dropped all the way to L2. I guess the lesson is to enjoy success while it lasts, because it never lasts forever.
    Oh we know full well how quickly things can turn. We had an owner who decided to try and ruin the club to spite the fans and took us to the conference. We then had a millionaire fan turn things round overnight and turn us into a proper club again. Ever since he's come in, we've improved each season. If we go up, we won't be coming straight back down believe me. The money invested in the training ground and other facilities, and the quality of young players being developed all bodes well for the club. The fact that Radford is a fan and loves the club and its fans means that he isn't going to let us go bust. We operate at a very small loss and some seasons have broken even under him. None of us are expecting the Prem, but Championship has to be the aim. We're so close to League 1 and Radford won't stop there.

If you go down, I don't expect you to stay down long and you'll hopefully get an owner who can cope with a club like Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Oh we know full well how quickly things can turn. We had an owner who decided to try and ruin the club to spite the fans and took us to the conference. We then had a millionaire fan turn things round overnight and turn us into a proper club again. Ever since he's come in, we've improved each season. If we go up, we won't be coming straight back down believe me. The money invested in the training ground and other facilities, and the quality of young players being developed all bodes well for the club. The fact that Radford is a fan and loves the club and its fans means that he isn't going to let us go bust. We operate at a very small loss and some seasons have broken even under him. None of us are expecting the Prem, but Championship has to be the aim. We're so close to League 1 and Radford won't stop there.

If you go down, I don't expect you to stay down long and you'll hopefully get an owner who can cope with a club like Notts.
    😴😴😴😴😴😴😌😌😌😌😌😌😌
    Yep Ok what happened yesterday ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post

You'll need to replace pretty much your squad. Your keeper is on loan, pretty much your entire strike force is on loan (and proven to not be effective in league 1 if you re-sign them) and by your fans own admission in stagsnet, you don't think you'd be in your position without you 37 year old central midfielder. You'll need to totally rebuild next year regardless of what happens this year and look at what happened this year to Notts when that happened? Also, you're actually in more debt than Notts are! People called out Hardy for giving money as loans, yet that's exactly what the Radford's are doing at Mansfield yet your lot seem to call Hardy for it? Very strange indeed and I'd be worried if I was a Mansfield fan

Just had a look on stagsnet and they have a thread 69 pages long which has had 140,950 views. Guess which club that's about That's a serious obsession.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast