+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Notts v Mansfaild tickets

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Just had a look on stagsnet and they have a thread 69 pages long which has had 140,950 views. Guess which club that's about That's a serious obsession.
    But is it in English.

The Notts v Mansfield / Lincoln rivalries have grown through this century, they were not big previously.

Casing point, in 1997 we played them both at home in the space of a few weeks:

V Lincoln - 5,707

V Mansfield - 6,706

There is no real historical big crowd history between the three teams.. but the trend is increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Oh we know full well how quickly things can turn. We had an owner who decided to try and ruin the club to spite the fans and took us to the conference. We then had a millionaire fan turn things round overnight and turn us into a proper club again. Ever since he's come in, we've improved each season. If we go up, we won't be coming straight back down believe me. The money invested in the training ground and other facilities, and the quality of young players being developed all bodes well for the club. The fact that Radford is a fan and loves the club and its fans means that he isn't going to let us go bust. We operate at a very small loss and some seasons have broken even under him. None of us are expecting the Prem, but Championship has to be the aim. We're so close to League 1 and Radford won't stop there.

If you go down, I don't expect you to stay down long and you'll hopefully get an owner who can cope with a club like Notts.
    Genuine question Stagnificent: how is Radford managing to run the club at a very small loss? From what I understand, you've been one of L2's biggest spenders for the last three seasons running, during which time you've signed players from L1 and the Championship. And I'm assuming you are paying the majority of the Forest boys' wages, which will be way higher than your average L2 star's. Given that you aren't getting big gates, I assumed you were making a fairly large loss year on year, which Radford was happy to bankroll.

Unless you happen to be that one club out of tens that manages to punch massively above its weight, getting to the Championship requires a pretty huge investment. I'm sure Radford will give it a go, but if it doesn't happen within a few years he'll have to reconsider at some point, as it would be totally unsustainable long term. That's what happened to us under Trew - we missed out on the playoffs on goal difference and then went into a slow decline as the budget was cut.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 10-02-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Genuine question Stagnificent: how is Radford managing to run the club at a very small loss? From what I understand, you've been one of L2's biggest spenders for the last three seasons running, during which time you've signed players from L1 and the Championship. And I'm assuming you are paying the majority of the Forest boys' wages, which will be way higher than your average L2 star's. Given that you aren't getting big gates, I assumed you were making a fairly large loss year on year, which Radford was happy to bankroll.

Unless you happen to be that one club out of tens that manages to punch massively above its weight, getting to the Championship requires a pretty huge investment. I'm sure Radford will give it a go, but if it doesn't happen within a few years he'll have to reconsider at some point, as it would be totally unsustainable long term. That's what happened to us under Trew - we missed out on the playoffs on goal difference and then went into a slow decline as the budget was cut.
    They are running at a massive loss and the Radford's are loaning them the money. Look at the last published accounts, they are in more debt than we are!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They are running at a massive loss and the Radford's are loaning them the money. Look at the last published accounts, they are in more debt than we are!
    Bloody hell, that takes some doing!

Hi Chicken Baltic Pie,

Please provide evidence that Mansfield is in more debt than Notts(I’m actually unsure), and also that Radford is funding the club via ‘loans’ (top tip - you can’t do that anymore)

Ps everyone, he is either very ignorant or just a liar.

Let’s keep it to facts!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdogs View Post
    Hi Chicken Baltic Pie,

Please provide evidence that Mansfield is in more debt than Notts(I’m actually unsure), and also that Radford is funding the club via ‘loans’ (top tip - you can’t do that anymore)

Ps everyone, he is either very ignorant or just a liar.

Let’s keep it to facts!
    Based on 2017 accounts figures are as follows;

Net worth:
    Mansfield -£4.9m
    Notts -£6.3m

Current liabilities:
    Mansfield £4.9m
    Notts £6.3m

Cash at bank:
    Mansfield £90.2k
    Notts £94.3k

Current Assets:
    Mansfield £463.4k (Down 20.49%)
    Notts £365.3k (Up 22.54%)

Not a great deal in it at all really. I would imagine Notts' running costs/overheads are slightly higher which would make sense looking at these figures.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Based on 2017 accounts figures are as follows;

Net worth:
    Mansfield -£4.9m
    Notts -£6.3m

Current liabilities:
    Mansfield £4.9m
    Notts £6.3m

Cash at bank:
    Mansfield £90.2k
    Notts £94.3k

Current Assets:
    Mansfield £463.4k (Down 20.49%)
    Notts £365.3k (Up 22.54%)

Not a great deal in it at all really. I would imagine Notts' running costs/overheads are slightly higher which would make sense looking at these figures.
    The figures I saw had Notts at around 4.3m in liabilities so I would assume I saw older accounts than you. I saw them from the price of football Twitter account but as you say, there isn't much in it and Mansfield don't get anywhere near the gates to be able to service that debt. And with their stadium, a trip to the championship (that they claim to be on with their loaned strike force!)) will only worsen that debt, not shrink it due to the fact they can only get 9,500 through the gate if they sell every seat

The figures I saw had Notts at around 4.3m in liabilities so I would assume I saw older accounts than you. I saw them from the price of football Twitter account but as you say, there isn't much in it and Mansfield don't get anywhere near the gates to be able to service that debt. And with their stadium, a trip to the championship (that they claim to be on with their loaned strike force!)) will only worsen that debt, not shrink it due to the fact they can only get 9,500 through the gate if they sell every seat
    Yeah, these are the last accounts showing online, 2018 accounts don't need to be filed for a while yet.

I think you're right about Mansfield, they're having a great season and fair play to them but as you say loan players and an ageing midfield are not really the foundations to build a Championship challenge on. Also, regarding the size of the stadium they would have to give away fans a much bigger allocation than they do now to make it commercially viable, very much in the same way we have to at Notts. Burton Albion bucked that trend but it didn't last long.

Mansfield is being funded via sponsorship, the debt is purely owed to directors/chairman from non-league days and doesn’t need to be serviced.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cha...-1-9447088/amp

The last accounts were a six month position, FYI Mansfield are clearly in a better financial situation than Notts County, although both require funding via the owners like most league clubs.

Give that article a read, it’s a analysis from the lastest set of accounts.

Unfortunately you have a lack of knowledge of how the club is run, which is understandable due to you supporting Notts County but let’s not pretend to know otherwise.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast