+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts v Mansfaild tickets

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    I for one would prefer you went back to Mansfield and stayed there
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    I'm not being funny here, but on at least two occasions, I've seen Notts fans fighting with themselves in the away end and heard reports of them smashing up the toilets in the stand. Might explain why the same police force that don't treat us like that, do target Notts. Our fans are drunk, loud and like to goad the Notts fans at ML, but I can't remember seeing an fights break out or people getting dragged out of their seats.
    I was there at Field Mill that day the toilets were smashed and I can tell you it wasn't genuine Notts fans that did it. I stood in the queue waiting to go in behind 20 or 30 of these "Stone Island" troublemakers. It was obvious to me and the stewards they were there for trouble, all the same age, whispering to each other, looking around all the time and not one of them smiling or bantering.

This, however, does not condone the stewards treating every Notts fan as if they were criminals. I saw them pushing and pulling fans into and out of rows of seats irrespective of age or *** and totally ignoring any pleas for help. The police too were highly unfriendly, bunching together and outstaring any one who passed by, even on the street, football fans or not. I don't imagine for a minute that Notts stewards or the police are angels but I've never seen them behave like the Mansfield lot. I don't know if the Mansfield fans are treated the in same way but if they are it would explain their low gates.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I was there at Field Mill that day the toilets were smashed and I can tell you it wasn't genuine Notts fans that did it. I stood in the queue waiting to go in behind 20 or 30 of these "Stone Island" troublemakers. It was obvious to me and the stewards they were there for trouble, all the same age, whispering to each other, looking around all the time and not one of them smiling or bantering.

This, however, does not condone the stewards treating every Notts fan as if they were criminals. I saw them pushing and pulling fans into and out of rows of seats irrespective of age or *** and totally ignoring any pleas for help. The police too were highly unfriendly, bunching together and outstaring any one who passed by, even on the street, football fans or not. I don't imagine for a minute that Notts stewards or the police are angels but I've never seen them behave like the Mansfield lot. I don't know if the Mansfield fans are treated the in same way but if they are it would explain their low gates.
    It's literally the same police and has at times over the years been the same stewards at both grounds too.

It's literally the same police and has at times over the years been the same stewards at both grounds too.
    I assume these same police and stewards are aware of known hooligans at both grounds, so why the aggression to women and kids at Field Mill? It doesn't happen at Meadow Lane, so any explanations as to why they appear to behave differently at each ground? Unless of course you know of it happening to Mansfield fans at Meadow Lane.

It sums up one of my points yeah. Mansfield isn't the town it used to be, while Nottingham is thriving. I'd much rather live in Nottingham, which is why I do. But I'd much rather COME from Mansfield.
    Why? Apart from simple tribalism, what is preferential about being from a place where you'd rather leave than stay?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post

I vowed that day never to return to Field Mill whilst those Goons they called Stewards were employed by the club. Their attitude and general demeanour as representatives of your Football Club was nothing short of Bully Boy Tactics.

to be fair, most of us have seen, or been victim of, the mindless thuggish stewards that we used to employ, i believe they are getting better, but as they all apparently used to come from out of town, they had no real affinity with the club or its supporters, and as we know, in a conflict with stewards or police, the supporter is always in the wrong.

On the whole, Nottingham is a nicer place than Mansfield to live in. No one can sensibly deny that. I was born in Mansfield, but got out. It's a bit 70s there, but I also love the working-class community, which these days is probably strongest at the football than anywhere else. Although I haven't lived there for 33 years, I still get a feeling of belonging at the ground. Nottingham is where I live, but Mansfield is where my heart is.

I'd love to see the town get back up on its feet and do well again, but it'll take something miraculous now.
    I grew up in Notts & moved to Mansfield as a **** (Soon got out though as soon as I could). Don't get me wrong, Notts was pretty rough & I had to watch my back a lot, but Mansfield definitely felt more tribal.

Still go back and visit friends up there, and for me it always felt a bit 'backwards' as it does in lots of towns. Majority white english working class, a bit depressed & angry probably due to the mines shutting down/lack of opportunities, a lack of diversity, and collectively less open minded.

People are nice there, but then I find that in all the places I've lived

Why all the animosity? It’s pretty sad when Notts fans berate Mansfield as really it’s an admission of how low we have sunk!

Sure it’s a big day out for them as it would be for us playing the F Word

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Why all the animosity?
    Because that's the tribal nature of footy fans. Surprised you didn't work that one out for yourself jonny.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    It’s pretty sad when Notts fans berate Mansfield as really it’s an admission of how low we have sunk!
    Are you really that naive jonny? We only have to look at the league table to see how low we have sunk, but if you think we should grovel to Stags fans I suspect you are on a different planet to most Notts fans.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast