+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two new Groups

Two new Groups

An Australian and a Irish group said to be in talks for the club.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-hardy-2486401

Australian? Damian Irvine by any chance?

Don't mean to be a pessimist, but i don't see the attraction to anyone of taking on such a debt (and ongoing losses) apart from the likes of Trew and Hardy and I think we're running out of those types. I'd be suspicious of the motives of anyone who saw the club as an investment, especially overseas investors.

And if anyone still thinks our 'history' has any monetisable value, you need to have a word with yourself.

Edit, just seen that Curtis thinks "the club continues to hold attractive appeal given its history". Have a word, Leigh.

It amazes me that football clubs (not just Notts) always seem to attract plenty of interest almost immediately after being put on the market given that almost all of them are financial blackholes.

Australian - is that what they meant when they said Notts might be going Down under.

Harry Kewell coming to watch
    A lot of very wealthy people in Ireland. JP McManus might be looking to get involved with a club again or Niall Quinn.
    It's not me
    Last edited by irishpete; 30-01-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    It amazes me that football clubs (not just Notts) always seem to attract plenty of interest almost immediately after being put on the market given that almost all of them are financial blackholes.
    A lot by all accounts are "tyre kickers"

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    Australian - is that what they meant when they said Notts might be going Down under.
    Well it makes a change from “up and under”

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    In all fairness, football clubs really don’t need to be finanacial black holes. It should be a relatively simple business model in this division. The issues arise, when selfmade millionaires think they can use their proven financial acumen in a sport they have little understanding of... as Hardy has admitted.

He’s still doing it now.... he thinks you can simply buy lots and lots of players and climb the leagues. His lack of knowledge and an ego that constantly requires feeding, is why we are we’re we are. Two more signings this week.... will it work? Who knows... you may as well toss a coin.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    In all fairness, football clubs really don’t need to be finanacial black holes. It should be a relatively simple business model in this division. The issues arise, when selfmade millionaires think they can use their proven financial acumen in a sport they have little understanding of... as Hardy has admitted.

He’s still doing it now.... he thinks you can simply buy lots and lots of players and climb the leagues. His lack of knowledge and an ego that constantly requires feeding, is why we are we’re we are. Two more signings this week.... will it work? Who knows... you may as well toss a coin.
    Well we know it definitely won't work without any signings.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast