+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Craig Mackail-Smith signs on loan

Great signing but knowing our luck this season he'll probably pull his hamstring 10 minutes into the Lincoln game!

Not a bad singing really. He's obviously past his best, but he's the kind of player you'd not enjoy playing against - something we desperately need. If he bullies a few defenders, it'll be an improvement.

I think it's honest to say Mackail-Smith's best days are behind him, but his best days were pretty impressive, so he's hopefully still got something to offer even if he's not the prolific hitman of years gone by. You have to be realistic about the type of players willing to join a club well adrift at the bottom of the league. In any case he's only on loan. If he shines and saves us, he might win a contract. If he doesn't, then he simply drops off our payroll at the end of the season.

Weren't a certain Mr Hughes' best days behind him when he signed for us
    I'll take half of what he did fo us in CMS. Good luck to the fella and thank you Mr Hardy and Mr Ardley he could be the catalyst to slightly better results. Its not a mammoth task to turn this dire season around yet. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    Weren't a certain Mr Hughes' best days behind him when he signed for us
    I'll take half of what he did fo us in CMS. Good luck to the fella and thank you Mr Hardy and Mr Ardley he could be the catalyst to slightly better results. Its not a mammoth task to turn this dire season around yet. COYP
    Not really, whilst he was probably past his prime, he wasn't past his prime for league two. Let's face it, he'd never be our league had he not been to prison

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Not really, whilst he was probably past his prime, he wasn't past his prime for league two. Let's face it, he'd never be our league had he not been to prison
    Exactly. He was really still a Championship player in 2009. To be honest, I think he could have played at any level - he was about as natural a goalscorer as they come. Best Notts player in my lifetime he was.

Whatever you think of AH or Ardley you can't fault them for their efforts in this transfer window.

He's more of a winger than a striker these days, had 8 goals and 5 assists last season but most of his appearances this season in League One have been from the bench

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Whatever you think of AH or Ardley you can't fault them for their efforts in this transfer window.
    Absolutely right.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast