+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's our best fit team now?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    But that’s just not true though is it!
    Stead has had numerous games this season where he’s been superb upfront on his own and run himself into the ground.
    He’s without question been the best striker on our books!
    I could run myself into the ground but that wouldn't mean i was any good. . They all seem to think he is a target man thats why the ball is forever being kicked up to him. He very seldom wins any headers and never looks like scoring either..Should have got rid at the end of last season..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I could run myself into the ground but that wouldn't mean i was any good. . They all seem to think he is a target man thats why the ball is forever being kicked up to him. He very seldom wins any headers and never looks like scoring either..Should have got rid at the end of last season..
    Apart from the 9 goals he’s scored which is more than all our other strikers combined!
    I agree the ball gets lumped to him but that’s hardly his fault.
    It just amazes me after the lack of commitment, ability and desire shown by these players that you would single out Stead to be axed from the squad!

Stead, my god, if we had more players with his desire...top top man.

Apart from the 9 goals he’s scored which is more than all our other strikers combined!
    How many were pens?

I agree the ball gets lumped to him but that’s hardly his fault.
    It just amazes me after the lack of commitment, ability and desire shown by these players that you would single out Stead to be axed from the squad!
    I do agree with your sentiments and following his earlier performances this season I would start him. I really like Stead but unfortunately, much like last season he has started to flail a bit since the beginning of December. He just doesn't have the legs any more to complete a full season at the required work rate which in turn has affected his game considerably. With a fit Hemmings and Enzio, together with Aless/Kellett and CMS you wonder where Stead could fit in. Add to that the possible inclusion of Gomes you suddenly realise you may have better options.

I have 2 tickets for Saturday's match and wasn't really looking forward to it, especially a week or so ago when all I could see was a battering, and a big one at that. As this week has progressed though I'm getting the old feeling back that something might just happen, if not this Saturday then in the coming few matches certainly. The signings made so far seem an improvement, and surely we will be more competitive than recent games. Sending Thomas back was a no-brainer, he added nothing to the eleven whenever he played.

The one thing that will cause my optimism to plummet back to normal levels will be if at 2pm Saturday the team that is announced contains Duffy and/or Hewitt. Any eleven that doesn't involve those 2 and we have a chance.

Duff man done good recently

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would go for this line up..

..............Schofield............
    Barclay....Duffy.... Bird...Evina

Enzio.....O'Brien....Rose....Allesandra

............ Dennis... Smith......

Subs,

Fitz
    Hemmings,
    Tootle
    Osbourne
    Jones
    Kellett

The likes of Vaughan and Stead should be nowhere near the ground..
    I think we'll see a 4-4-2 as well. With O'Brien and Rose, we actually have the personnel to do it for the first time this season. Plus we have an actual winger and two decent forwards available. Wing backs very rarely works in my opinion. Against a good team, it ends up being a flat back 5 with no outlet.

I really hope he does the right thing and drops Stead to the bench, assuming Hemmings is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think we'll see a 4-4-2 as well. With O'Brien and Rose, we actually have the personnel to do it for the first time this season. Plus we have an actual winger and two decent forwards available. Wing backs very rarely works in my opinion. Against a good team, it ends up being a flat back 5 with no outlet.

I really hope he does the right thing and drops Stead to the bench, assuming Hemmings is fit.
    I can't see all the new players starting unless we have a lot of injuries but they will probably all be in the squad.

I think Rose will play right back, which is unfortunate because most people that have seen him have said he's not very good there at all but is more than capable in the middle (sounds a bit like Hewitt ) but I'd hope Tootle can stay fit for more than 5 minutes so we get to see the best out of Rose.

As for Stead, as someone that think's he deserves a lot more respect than he gets from a lot of fans, he's been cr*p recently, which is what matters the most.

Schofield

Tootle Brisley Duffy Jones (or Evina there's not much to choose between the two)

O'Brien Rose Milsom (Doyle if he comes in)

Boldewijn Hemmings Mackail-Smith

4-5-1 defending, 4-3-3 attacking, easy.

That back four is controversial but it's the one that was more than capable last season with a more commanding keeper behind them and hopefully Schofield is that keeper. I don't rate Barclay or Bird enough to play either of them in a back four to be honest, if we bring someone in like Christian Burgess I'd be more than happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast