+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interest shown for Lawrence...

Interest shown for Lawrence...

Frank confirms that Huddersfield have made an enquiry about our Tom Lawrence.....

He’s said that he won’t be leaving but you never know!

Should we cash in or keep? And what price should we be asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    Frank confirms that Huddersfield have made an enquiry about our Tom Lawrence.....

£10m and a bonus if he keeps them up (which he wont)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post

Flog him, 10 mill and forget the bonus. He's not stood out enough often enough to be more use to us than the £10m

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    £10m and a bonus if he keeps them up (which he wont)
    Huddersfield are gone...so why would TL go there? He’s not got the sort of fight they need and the best he can hope for is to be playing in the Championship next season only with a smaller club in front of about 15,000 if they do well. If he was played more centrally for us I still think we’ve got a good player.

Keep him, people don't appreciate his all round contribution and I don't know why. We'd struggle to replace that level of quality within our budget

I have heard that Lawro turned the move down.

A diver and no one will pay anything like. Get real

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    A diver and no one will pay anything like. Get real
    Get real? A couple of online sites, not very trustworthy ones, admittedly, talk about a £10M bid that Lawrence apparently turned down. They repeated the "rumour" on here. It's not like any of us have said great move or he's worth every penny etc etc etc.

If all you can do is taunt please go back to your own "home" and stay there. If you are prepared to post sensibly then you would be welcome.

I watched TL at Rotherham in 2014 many times. He showed promise. Nowadays, he's too cool for school, improved beyond the Millers days for sure but seems likely to display more agro on the pitch than ability. He's the first to have a go at the ref and the first to dive. If he concentrated on improving his game and tried tracking back to support his team once in a blue moon he would command more respect. Has a decent shot on him but wherever the anger and frustration came from it needs taking out of his game. Or imo he will end up as an also ran. £10 million is rich. He never turned out to be the goal scorer everyone thought he might be and his best spell at Ipswich has had no follow through. Daft money about I know and £10 million to a PL club is nothing. Value for money, no chance.

Just my take on a once good prospect who seems to believe his own hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    I watched TL at Rotherham in 2014 many times. He showed promise. Nowadays, he's too cool for school, improved beyond the Millers days for sure but seems likely to display more agro on the pitch than ability. He's the first to have a go at the ref and the first to dive. If he concentrated on improving his game and tried tracking back to support his team once in a blue moon he would command more respect. Has a decent shot on him but wherever the anger and frustration came from it needs taking out of his game. Or imo he will end up as an also ran. £10 million is rich. He never turned out to be the goal scorer everyone thought he might be and his best spell at Ipswich has had no follow through. Daft money about I know and £10 million to a PL club is nothing. Value for money, no chance.

Just my take on a once good prospect who seems to believe his own hype.
    That, Pacaman, is a very good post. I don't disagree with you. He does seem to have a short fuse and it doesn't take much for him to either harangue the ref or plan revenge on an opponent. Revenge or just a tackle? I ask that as he seems incapable of tackling without it being a foul. Diving? Yes he does and I don't like that part of his game. However, he is a tricky lad and quick with it. Many defenders can't handle it so they slow him down by clogging him. He seems to get little or no protection from refs which might be the reason behind his apparent inability to remain upright. Like you I wish he would lose the attitude and stay upright more often.

Players, as with any commodity, are only worth what some fool is willing to pay for them. It seems Huddersfield had £10M spare for Lawro. They have had a lucky escape, luckier than they were when they gave us £10M for Tom Ince..... will they never learn

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)