+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preston vs Derby match thread

Well earned point, nice to see a clean sheet and is Carson still our number 1? Keogh our best player last night.

King signed too late to be eligible. Cole appears not to be up to speed at the moment...... and then I smiled at the thought of us signing a player called Old

The match?

The first half saw no shots on target from either side although "our 'Arry" did hit the bar and the post, the former via a deflection. They had slightly more possession and more shots (7-5) but we looked the more likely to score from open play. Their half chances came from corners.

2nd half they started like a train and I thought, weather the storm and then create some magic..... it never came. They, again, had a slight edge on possess in the 2nd half but managed a futher 16 shots, 3 of which were on target. We had a measley 2 shots all half, both off target.

We nicked a point in a game in which we didn't deserve it. Their performance shouldn't surprise anyone considering their previous 2 results, very good away wins at Stoke (1-2) and QPR (1-4). We can be more than happy at getting something from the game.

We were under the cosh and the ref had reached a count of 8. At that point FL sent on Wisdom and went 1-3-5-2. It wasn't the end of PNE's half chances and chances but it stemmed the tide and we actually got into some good attacking positions which broke down due to a poor last pass. Good move by FL.

Roos MOTM for me.

I'd like to see us start with that formation. Bogle at right wing back. Malone left. Ashley on the bench. Hudds as DM as I have yet to be impressed by Evans. Mount (when fit) and Lawro as the 2 attacking mids and Marriott (when better following his illness) accompanied by one of Waggy/Nuge/Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    My earlier comment was about King and Cole coming in to the club not tonight's line up.

Was hard going and were always going to be defending when Nugent and Lawrence can't keep hold of the ball.

Roos, Tomori, Keogh, Wilson and Holmes stood out the rest bang average or poor.

King will make a difference as will the return of Marriott. Bogle back in and Holmes further forward and we will be a far better side.

Last 20mins in first half we played some decent stuff.
    Being ‘happy with a point’ proved an understatement last night. We were under the cosh for virtually all the second half and Roos, Keogh, Tomori and Holmes were, I agree, heroic.
    Not sure about Wilson...occasional moments of brilliance which could, on another day, have put us 2-0 up, but faded badly after being upended by Pearson who was, imo, lucky to stay on the pitch after committing at least four bookable offences.
    Agree completely about the improvement the availibility of Marriott, Bogle, King, Mount, Cole (and Huddleston) will bring. Staggering lack of creativity last night but we would have lost a match like that this time last year, there was plenty of determination and isn’t it time ‘footballers’ like Wilson and Lawrence got a little more ‘protection’ from those who resemble Sunday League cloggers?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Being ‘happy with a point’ proved an understatement last night. We were under the cosh for virtually all the second half and Roos, Keogh, Tomori and Holmes were, I agree, heroic.
    Not sure about Wilson...occasional moments of brilliance which could, on another day, have put us 2-0 up, but faded badly after being upended by Pearson who was, imo, lucky to stay on the pitch after committing at least four bookable offences.
    Agree completely about the improvement the availibility of Marriott, Bogle, King, Mount, Cole (and Huddleston) will bring. Staggering lack of creativity last night but we would have lost a match like that this time last year, there was plenty of determination and isn’t it time ‘footballers’ like Wilson and Lawrence got a little more ‘protection’ from those who resemble Sunday League cloggers?
    Some fair points there mate mate. It's almost as though we need the footballing flare players at home and a separate starting XI to go and tough it out on a winter's away day.

We were depleted last night and it showed so a point was definitely one gained.

Thought Preston were a useful outfit who played to their strengths.

We were overran in midfield....again

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    RA regarding your earlier question about Marriott i was at the match last night and my wife introduced me to someone who has been to visit Marriott he's had a serious virus lost 20lbs but on the mend Mount out for the four more weeks I won't mention Lawrence you will think I'm obsessed lol

If Mount's out for 4 weeks, and will need match fitness time, then bringing in King could be a masterstroke. Gutted if Marriott is that bad, but at least we have Waghorn to step in.

Delighted with Roos.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    If Mount's out for 4 weeks, and will need match fitness time, then bringing in King could be a masterstroke. Gutted if Marriott is that bad, but at least we have Waghorn to step in.

Delighted with Roos.
    Waghorn has a groin injury being assessed Monday King is no Mount in afraid

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA regarding your earlier question about Marriott i was at the match last night and my wife introduced me to someone who has been to visit Marriott he's had a serious virus lost 20lbs but on the mend Mount out for the four more weeks I won't mention Lawrence you will think I'm obsessed lol
    I'll mention him then. Rechristened ****ing Lawrence here last night, even two neutrals were amazed he wasn't taken off around 55 mins

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    20lbs! That’s going to take some recovering from in terms of match fitness and with Waghorn injured and Nugent suddenly doing an impression of a slow motion Theo Robinson it’s not looking good.
    If Marriott and Waghorn are out next week I’d play Lawrence up top - I know you won’t approve - and bring FloJo in. At least with Bogle back we can have Holmes return to a much needed more creative role.
    Funny how just a couple of months ago Carson would have been one of the first two names on the team sheet and Holmes was considered just another dodgy buy.

Wish I could lose 20lb and be fit in a fortnight

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)