+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Preston vs Derby match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'll mention him then. Rechristened ****ing Lawrence here last night, even two neutrals were amazed he wasn't taken off around 55 mins
    Andy do you mean smashing Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    20lbs! That’s going to take some recovering from in terms of match fitness and with Waghorn injured and Nugent suddenly doing an impression of a slow motion Theo Robinson it’s not looking good.
    If Marriott and Waghorn are out next week I’d play Lawrence up top - I know you won’t approve - and bring FloJo in. At least with Bogle back we can have Holmes return to a much needed more creative role.
    Funny how just a couple of months ago Carson would have been one of the first two names on the team sheet and Holmes was considered just another dodgy buy.
    RA. Perhaps you can understand my frustrations with Lawrence you don't need to Bielsa to know he can't kick a ball with his left foot His passing is woeful he's weak in possession Yes he's playing in the wrong the position but half the team are imo As for putting him up front can you just imagine him against a couple of big centre halves Having said that Frank loves him so anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA. Perhaps you can understand my frustrations with Lawrence you don't need to Bielsa to know he can't kick a ball with his left foot His passing is woeful he's weak in possession Yes he's playing in the wrong the position but half the team are imo As for putting him up front can you just imagine him against a couple of big centre halves Having said that Frank loves him so anything can happen
    every manager seems to have his favourite that no-one can seem to understand, it seems Lawrence is FL's. 'Smashing' Lawrence? I guess some folk feel like doing that...

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Mista, I absolutely understand your frustration with Lawrence, but played in a different position - i.e. not wasted out wide - I still think we have a player.
    Against a couple of big centre halfs I don’t see the problem. Mark Wright was one of the best I’ve ever seen at Derby but he regularly had a ‘mare’ against quick littlies like the Wallaces at Southampton.
    Lawrence is quick with a fine shot on him. As I’ve said before...Lampard has forgotten more about football than most of us have ever known, he’s opted to go with little speedsters up front so let’s play to their strengths. My frustration comes when natural finishers such as Waghorn and, to a slightly lesser extent, Lawrence are, imo, wasted on the flanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    every manager seems to have his favourite that no-one can seem to understand, it seems Lawrence is FL's. 'Smashing' Lawrence? I guess some folk feel like doing that...
    Andy he's so frustrating because we know what he is capable of But every team have him sussed Sticking him wide left is not working hasn't for month's When he first came to Derby Snake 🐍played him out right and his. crosses where very good and created chances But after three matches he was out on the left IMO he's better as a ten but so are Wilson and Waghorn
    Last edited by mistaram; 02-02-2019 at 05:16 PM.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39136968]Mista, I absolutely understand your frustration with Lawrence, but played in a different position - i.e. not wasted out wide - I still think we have a player.
    Against a couple of big centre halfs I don’t see the problem. Mark Wright was one of the best I’ve ever seen at Derby but he regularly had a ‘mare’ against quick littlies like the Wallaces at Southampton.
    Lawrence is quick with a fine shot on him. As I’ve said before...Lampard has forgotten more about football than most of us have ever known, he’s opted to go with little speedsters up front so let’s play to their strengths. My frustration comes when natural finishers such as Waghorn and, to a slightly lesser extent, Lawrence are, imo, wasted on the flanks.
    Yes I'm sure Frank knows a lot more than us he may like little fast players up front That coming from someone who ha d a lot of his success playing with Droghba If he wants to play Lawrence that's his prerogative but he will let you down more times than he please you

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)