+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obviously it will be a late ish night tonight

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    If you remember at the time Bradshaw stated he wanted to move down south as his partner was expecting there first child.Tom even thanked Barnsley for making the deal happen.So we got over a million pounds for Bradders and replaced him with Woodrow who cost 600k.Personally I think Woodrow is a better all round player.Seems to me a great deal for all concerned,more so Barnsley.
    It wo £990,000 we got fo Bradshaw Bill and al gi thi tha Goat dropped lucky wi Woodrow ( If tha rolls a dice enough times tha'll gerra six). A wo replying to the statement that Stendel wanted Bradshaw out of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What about selling and loaning players to our direct promotion rivals ?

Are you happy with that ?
    Both players have had minimal impact in our promotion run.If they're not good enough for us what makes you think they're going to derail our season.Also don't forget the power that players and there agents have.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Both players have had minimal impact in our promotion run.If they're not good enough for us what makes you think they're going to derail our season.Also don't forget the power that players and there agents have.
    Moncur ez started to derail our season after just one game scoring the winner fo Luton and putting them a further 2pts ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Moncur ez started to derail our season after just one game scoring the winner fo Luton and putting them a further 2pts ahead of us.
    Had he not scored Portsmouth would have been 2 pts ahead of us

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What about selling and loaning players to our direct promotion rivals ?. Are you happy with that ?.
    As far as Im concerned Animal (if I can answer that question you asked somebody else), no of course Im not.. far from it actually!!.

I didn't want us to sell Bradshaw this season, but it became clear he wanted to leave and the buying club were a perfect fit for him and his family as they wanted to move down south. However they were in a different league to us of course, and I get the idea of not selling to our rivals in our own/current league, as it might give them an extra inch or two when it comes to the end of season promotion or relegation scrap.

But I do still go along with the idea that if the move suits both parties, and if the player has basically told us to poss off! (refused to sign a new contract and has maybe even said he demands to leave..) then we shouldn't really keep hold of him should we. He obviously doesn't want to play here anymore, and allegedly doesn't even care about us as a club anymore. And there is also the chance of at least selling him on now for some cash rather than letting him go for free.

And how long can and should we all play that particular card/argument eh ?. For example, if Moncur scores some important goals for Luton and they win something ahead of us... in 4 years time!!. Will we still be saying this was a bad sale, even though he didn't do anything for us and clealrly didn't want to play for us anymore.

To be fair Acido I think you are just playing the devils advocate with that analysis. Before we let them both go we were in control of what influence both Moncur and Isgrove would have on our promotion hopes this season. Come the start of next season they were both out of contract and could play wherever they liked. However we had the ability to dictate what happened for the next 6 months. They may have sat here earning wages with little or not contribution to our efforts, but that little bit of cash we have received will pale into significance if we fail to win promotion this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It wo £990,000 we got fo Bradshaw Bill and al gi thi tha Goat dropped lucky wi Woodrow ( If tha rolls a dice enough times tha'll gerra six). A wo replying to the statement that Stendel wanted Bradshaw out of the club.
    Thi a bugger thee wint even gi credit when credits due.Reight if non of our "big players" leave tonight will you be happy and will tha gi club some credit.Go on it dunt hurt to swallow thee pride.

Yes that might be a very good description of my comments there Frog, but I don't deliberately set out to be the so called 'Devils advocate', I can assure you.
    After seeing him disappoint us all so many times here, I just can't be bothered getting worked up about us losing George Moncur, and that includes whoever we've sold him to.

2 cars int Stairfoot Car wesh , ALF 1 and SEB 1 early this aft , bet nubdis eard tharrafoor

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    As far as Im concerned Animal (if I can answer that question you asked somebody else), no of course Im not.. far from it actually!!.

I didn't want us to sell Bradshaw this season, but it became clear he wanted to leave and the buying club were a perfect fit for him and his family as they wanted to move down south. However they were in a different league to us of course, and I get the idea of not selling to our rivals in our own/current league, as it might give them an extra inch or two when it comes to the end of season promotion or relegation scrap.

But I do still go along with the idea that if the move suits both parties, and if the player has basically told us to poss off! (refused to sign a new contract and has maybe even said he demands to leave..) then we shouldn't really keep hold of him should we. He obviously doesn't want to play here anymore, and allegedly doesn't even care about us as a club anymore. And there is also the chance of at least selling him on now for some cash rather than letting him go for free.

And how long can and should we all play that particular card/argument eh ?. For example, if Moncur scores some important goals for Luton and they win something ahead of us... in 4 years time!!. Will we still be saying this was a bad sale, even though he didn't do anything for us and clealrly didn't want to play for us anymore.
    The argument only stands till the end of the season , next season all clubs start with zero points and have had the opportunity to improve their squads .

Your analysis is based on you believe both Moncur and Isgrove were cr@p here so therefore they will be cr@p at Luton and Pompey and basically good riddance .

Both are returning to the south of england from where they originate , both are injury free at the moment and both have enough ability to improve both club's on the field .

What happens for the rest of the season with these two is now out of hands , we could and should have controlled that .

We will see over the coming months how this plays out of course .

These things have an habit of biting you in the @ss .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast