+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bairns vs. Doonhamers

Francis. Got to agree whole heartedly with the comments on Low. He makes us tick in the middle and we are not even half as affective in our forward play when he's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Calm doon JR, - everyone can beat everyone in this league.

I would agree that we need to start getting some points on the board again, - but it was obvious that Thistle and Falkirk were going to start making a game of it.

I have no idea who is going to finish in the bottom spot, - but we should have enough in the tank to stay out of trouble and hopefully snatch that 4th (top) spot.

Bagapapa should be ashamed of himself for slagging off the team just 4 days after that massive result against Dundee.

A sense of realism is required by all Queens fans...….we are punching way beyond our weight in the league and the Scottish Cup, - so a little less of the slagging please folks.

If we are punching above our weight in the league after being beat by team sitting bottom then where is our natural position ?

It's a bit of a insult to the players to suggest we are punching above our weight.

Our problem is we can give the better teams a run for there money but slip up against those you would expect us to beat.
    We are as good as anyone in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Did I not say that I am frustrated? Frustrated in that I (and, presumably a large percentage of the travelling fans? ) would have been expecting more from the team today! A great result on Tuesday should surely have been a springboard for a positive display today. But no, today was the polar opposite of Tuesday, where there was fight and determination, today, far too many players were lacking that. I suspect that very few Queens fans today could find any positives in this display. Yes I am slagging the team, as they are far better than what was shown today. IF ONLY THEY BELIEVE THAT THEMSELVES!
    Bagapapa I completely understand your frustration and I am commenting from not being at the game, when you were. However, - we must add a sense of realism to our lives: firstly the Low lad was not playing, and neither was Doyle, both of whom would be first choices in any squad in the championship.

Falkirk are literally fighting for their lives in this league and even with a full squad, and not having played against Dundee in midweek - Queens would have been up against it, - so that is why I'm suggesting to JR and Deek (among others) that we need to calm down a wee bit and take stock.

My opinion before the Dundee re-match was that we'd blown our chance the week before, - so I was absolutely delighted and a little shocked that they played so well on Tuesday. With that in mind, I really wasn't surprised that we lost at Falkirk, - although the margin of the defeat was. Having looked at the stats though, we had much of the possession and many more shots than Falkirk, - so that is a blessing. The fact that the Bairns had a man sent off showed that they were really up for this game.

Now, (you don't ned me to tell you) Queens have more than one eye on next Sunday and they will be mindful that this could be the spring board to even greater things.

However the downside is that Falkirk and Partick will no doubt pick up valuable points and close the gap on us and the bottom of the league. Obviously our aim should be to beat Aberdeen at the first attempt (which is a very tall order) and then the entire team must focus on the league after that to ensure that we maintain a gap between the chasing pack and that extremely important fourth top spot.

I believe that we have the team capable of attaining the play offs for the SPL, but we cannot lose sight of the fact that every team in the league can and will beat everyone else, so we need to be a little less dismissive when Queens don't fully measure up to their own and our own extremely high standards.

I think we have to have some sympathy with this result having played against SPL opposition mid week, having three key players out plus the cup game this week hanging over us.
    We are very inconsistent in the league but then nearly every other team is as well. That's what makes this season exciting

https://youtu.be/8ZYK94wRMFg

Match highlights from Falkirk TV

https://youtu.be/6_PnTnHbTBA

Longer highlights from Bairns supporters...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    https://youtu.be/8ZYK94wRMFg

Match highlights from Falkirk TV
    Far too biased in my opinion for a decent watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Far too biased in my opinion for a decent watch.
    Just what I was thinking. Second video marginally better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)