+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transfer Deadline Day

A surprising one. I guess with the emergence of Turnbull, and Gorrin starting to look like he might be staking a place, SR sees Bigi as surplus to requirements. We also need to consider that Turnbull’s new contract will not be paid in penny chews, so maybe the price of his new deal is being funded by Bigi’s departure/wage. Bigi never quite delivered for us but, Sod’s Law, he’ll do it for Hibs. Anyway, good luck to him as he seems a good bloke, but I hope he has a stinkerif he plays against us.

If we consider 4-3-3, or a variation of it, to be our formation of choice at the minute we still have Grimshaw, Cadden, Campbell, Turnbull, McHugh and Gorrin who can take those spots so that's plenty of cover even allowing for some flexibility on where we might end up playing a couple of them.

Bigi supposedly was one of our bigger earners and out of contract in the summer - had he done enough to get it renewed? Not really. He certainly wasn't top of my wish list for shuffling out the door but if, in a dead season, he has to go to fund Turnbull's new deal or boost the budget for next season it's a good move.

SR rarely played him and never given a run in team. He was the only player we had who could play from mid-field.
    He persisted with McHugh & Rose who created hee-haw and as posted many times .. we had more quality on bench,i.e. Bigi.
    Appears a financial decision but why did we have him first instance if intention was never to play ?
    Disappointed and fact remains we still have McHugh and suspect an even higher earner.

You can only get rid of people under contract if someone is willing to take them.

If McHugh is indeed one of the higher earners I doubt we'll be offering him the same terms if he gets offered anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    If we consider 4-3-3, or a variation of it, to be our formation of choice at the minute we still have Grimshaw, Cadden, Campbell, Turnbull, McHugh and Gorrin who can take those spots so that's plenty of cover even allowing for some flexibility on where we might end up playing a couple of them.

Bigi supposedly was one of our bigger earners and out of contract in the summer - had he done enough to get it renewed? Not really. He certainly wasn't top of my wish list for shuffling out the door but if, in a dead season, he has to go to fund Turnbull's new deal or boost the budget for next season it's a good move.
    McHugh has proved time after time to all -except the manager- that he can't play midfield.

McHugh's Best position is in the center of defence, he's not a midfielder. As for Bigi, he's better off going to Hibs as he's far to good a footballer for Robinson's tactics. To be fair it never really worked out for him here, and with the emergence of Turnball, who is a far better player, he's better off the wage bill than sitting on the subs bench all season. We have plenty cover in midfield so won't be to much of a miss i think.

There's been plenty of games when he's been fine, good even, as a six but aye - he certainly should be well down the pecking order.

McHugh’s best position is on the bench and for cover. Suggest he’ll be gone the summer.
    I have no doubt our highest earner and why continues to play even when have better on bench.
    This same explanation for Rose. They both kept better players out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)