+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dennis

Dennis

Grimsby interested a loan deal according to the post
    Last edited by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH; 31-01-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    Grimsby interested a loan deal according to the post
    Unless he's on an absurdly high wage (possible) I wouldn't let him go. Especially to a team that could still be a relegation rival.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Unless he's on an absurdly high wage (possible) I wouldn't let him go. Especially to a team that could still be a relegation rival.
    He's cursed, two successive relegations with Chesterfield, a third successive likely with us, maybe getting rid will give the curse to Grimsby instead? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Even if it meant we got the target man we crave for?

For most of the season he has been behind Stead and Hemmings (when fit ). With CMS arriving and possibly the young lad from the reds, then moving a striker out appears sensible and he would be most logical choice.

I'm conflicted on this one. I think he's a much better player than we have seen of him whilst he's been with us. Whether that be down to injury at the start of the season or tactics etc I don't know. You do wonder how he would be if with the likes of Enzio, CMS, O'Brien and Rose around him giving him the right service. Difficult one, unless he is of course cursed in which case get rid now!

Would be good to get him off the wage bill (although he is a fantastic player in case Grimsby are reading this) as he has been a massive disappointment.

If it means we can bring in a target man it makes sense, much as I think we haven't seen the best of Dennis yet

As Stead is now immobile and Hemmings is made of glass, I would keep him and let them go.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    If it means we can bring in a target man it makes sense, much as I think we haven't seen the best of Dennis yet
    Not sure we're going for a target man, I reckon we'll play with a front three made up from CMS, Gomis, Enzio, Stead and Hemmings.

If this Doyle rumour is true, I suspect we'll have a bit of a goon squad in JOB, Doyle and Rose where maybe Kellet and Allesandra will also replace one of those three to give a more attacking threat. If this all comes off, it's actually quite an exciting squad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast