+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I bloody hate football

I bloody hate football

Why do we get so obsessed with our teams?
    After a week of turmoil at Notts County I decided not to go to The Lane for awhile and slowly wind down to not going down at all next season,after a weekend of Hardy getting into arguments with fans,showing his tadger on Twitter and promptly putting the club up for sale I honestly had had enough,bottom of the league,the whipping boys of league two and endless piss taking from my work mates made me see sense and put some bets on for these cold afternoons and watch Stelling instead
    I've just looked at the fixture list,we play Lincoln on Saturday who you know are top of the league,well I may as well finish on that game to see how we play against our opposites in the league hadn't i,then there's next Saturdays game against Mansfield who are second,our biggest fixture of the season and there's no way I'm missing that humiliation,then in the following four weeks there are must see games against Port Vale,Carlisle,Exeter and Cheltenham,all important games in their own way,but then there's Newport County and Morecambe and I've just checked,I'm off those Saturdays so I may as well use my season ticket hadn't i?
    Bloody football,why do we let ourselves get drawn in by it,I bloody hate football

It’s simple Chalky. You hate football but love Notts County. If you do drop down it might not be as bad as you imagine. I loved going to away games with Carlisle in the Conference. Forest Green, Aldershot etc - all good games and all good wins. New (rubbish) grounds but honest football against Clubs that were pleased to see a decent crowd. Then winning the playoff final at Stoke. Great stuff.

Aye Chalky it's murder supporting the club you love struggling week in week out.

But it's in our blood we always have hope from game to game that's what keeps us going .
    We've all been there chin up mate.

I remember relegation from Division 4. Where was Jimmy Glass when he was needed?

You may need to change the mindset Chalky.

Go to the games expecting to lose. It may be difficult but try to enjoy the game whatever the score.

It is a day out. 6 pints pre-game. If it get's too bad, stay in the pub and don't bother with the game.

Before you know it a local hero will arrive (a.k.a.Paul Simpson) and the future will be bright.

Well maybe not bright ..but at least slightly dim.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    It’s simple Chalky. You hate football but love Notts County. If you do drop down it might not be as bad as you imagine. I loved going to away games with Carlisle in the Conference. Forest Green, Aldershot etc - all good games and all good wins. New (rubbish) grounds but honest football against Clubs that were pleased to see a decent crowd. Then winning the playoff final at Stoke. Great stuff.
    If we do drop Griff I don't think that we will bounce back straight away,only four clubs have ever done that since the two up,two down formation (Carlisle being one of them)
    Hardy may have bitten off more than he could chew taking over Notts but he's chucked loads of money at the club in the past two years and I can't see the new owners whoever they are doing the same,the ground holds 20,000 and it's going to have no atmosphere with only 3/4000 in it,the away support will be poor I would imagine with only a few hundred turning up in a stand that holds 5000
    I hope that Carlisle go up,I think that they really deserve it,I don't think that there was many who thought that they would be in the position that they are in now at the beginning of the season and then for Sheridan to walk away,it will be interesting final third for you lads

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    I remember relegation from Division 4. Where was Jimmy Glass when he was needed?

You may need to change the mindset Chalky.

Go to the games expecting to lose..
    I've spent all this season expecting to lose howoldboy,and in all the games my expectations haven't let me down,I've never known non league football with Notts before and I doubt that I'm going to like it no matter how many pints that I have....

Hey,I wonder if Jimmy Glass is available?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)