+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New way of playing?

New way of playing?

With the movement in this transfer window, do you think it'll signal a different formation/way of playing? I think there is every chance it could be happening but it'll be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    With the movement in this transfer window, do you think it'll signal a different formation/way of playing? I think there is every chance it could be happening but it'll be interesting to see.
    Given the amount of midfielders we've signed i'd hazard a guess at 3-5-2.

If so, and assuming we sign Connolly and Sow as rumoured i'd go with...

........................................Laidlaw... ..................................................

....................Bouhenna........Connolly...... ...Frans.................................

...................................Butcher......Fy vie......................

Nesbitt........................................... .............................Pawlett

...........................................C.Smith .................................................. ...

.................................Sow.............. ........Safranko
    Last edited by Danny_Dyer; 31-01-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    Given the amount of midfielders we've signed i'd hazard a guess at 3-5-2.

If so, and assuming we sign Connolly and Sow as rumoured i'd go with...

........................................Laidlaw... ..................................................

....................Bouhenna........Connolly...... ...Frans.................................

...................................Butcher......Fy vie......................

Nesbitt........................................... .............................Pawlett

...........................................C.Smith .................................................. ...

.................................Sow.............. ........Safranko

We're pretty short on cover for CB if he is planning on playing 3 at the back. I reckon it'll be standard 4231 or 442, so no major shift in tactics.

Personally I don't think tactics have been our problem this season. Lack of desire and quality are what has cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sieb's Tash View Post
    Personally I don't think tactics have been our problem this season. Lack of desire and quality are what has cost us.
    I agree, quality is where we've been lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sieb's Tash View Post
    You're probably right but it hasn't helped that the formation has pretty much prevented our best bet for a goal (Nicky Clark) getting a regular game. He and Safranko as a front 2 would do damage in this league. They've never had the chance.

My team 4-1-3-2
    Goalie
    Seaman Connolly not sure Booth
    Butcher
    Pawlett C Smith Nesbit
    Sanfranco Clark

Maybe not for Morton game but over the next few weeks.

Squad for Morton if no more new signings.

Siegrist

Seaman Connolly Bouhenna Booth (unfortunately)

Butcher

Pawlett Harkes Nesbitt

Safranko Clark

Subs;

Laidlaw
    Frans
    Robson
    Gomis
    Stanton
    Smith - on second half
    Sow - hopefully on second half

Would love to see RN find a way of experimenting with 2 up front. Safranko is a good player but think he would be much more effective with a partner whether it is Clark or Sow if he arrives.

Pawlett should have the quality to get the fans excited, Nesbitt should be getting fit and have more of an impact.

The squad will give RN plenty of options for formations/tactics.

For Saturday maybe baby steps and

Seigrist (been doing well past few games)

Seaman
    Bouhenna
    Connolly
    Booth

Butcher

Pawlett
    Harkes
    Smith (needs to up his game)
    Nesbitt

Safranko

The wide men and Smith need to be getting closer to Safranko, he is left isolated too much.

I like the concept of winning matches - that would be a good new way of playing.

After tonight and all the good news......

Siegrist,
    Seaman, Connolly, Reynolds, Booth,
    Butcher,
    Pawlett, Stanton, C Smith, Nesbitt,
    Safranko

Bench, Laidlaw, Robson, Bouhenna, Sow, Clark, Harkes, Gomis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)