+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the fact that our town is rubbish putting off potential transfer targets?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    i mean even if all things were equal, between two offers on the table....same money, same bonuses for appearances and money, same signing on fee, same length of contract, size of club and fanbase....I still think we would be overlooked.

I think most would choose Gillingham over us.

Players might live outside the town but you are missing the point.

If you play the word association game with anyone in the UK and said what is the first thing that comes in to your mind when I say "Rotherham".....you might get a few saying "chuckle brothers" but I reckon the vast majority would say something else.

Why would someone want their name associated with.....Rotherham?

You come across as Rotherham’s very own
    Mr Koresh

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    What crap, have you ever travelled the UK?
    There's plenty worse places than Rotherham who have football teams, try supporting Chelsea it's rather nice round there.
    Makes you wonder how Spurs ever attract anyone going on the OP logic .

Take them just off the Tottenham High Road and you'd see the area in all it's glory .

Why would anyone move to, or near to Rotherham?

There is nothing to do, nowhere to go, it's unsafe and it's reputation is in tatters.
    How pathetic and boring if you don't like it go somewhere else.

Rotherham’s reputation as a place to live is definitely poor to the majority of folks, particularly those from south of Birmingham.

Yes there’s some nice bits if you look, but even our own manager lives well out on the edge of it.

Footballers don't generally live "in town" but in neighbouring rural areas, that's most clubs.

Head of Recruiting lives more than 200 miles away

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Makes you wonder how Spurs ever attract anyone going on the OP logic .

Take them just off the Tottenham High Road and you'd see the area in all it's glory .
    I think Tottenham could attract players with money alone don't you?

I think Tottenham could attract players with money alone don't you?
    So would Rotherham, if we could offer any money that is.

Everyone is still missing the point. Although I am used to people reading my username rather than the content of my post.

Let me put it another way. You are going to buy a house. You see two that are identical, both detached, both going for the same price. Both 5 minutes away from a supermarket, blah blah. One of them is on Primrose Street, the other is on Scargill Way?

Catch my drift?

I get your drift idiot but it’s either down to money or the bigger club and nothing to do with Rotherham area itself imo.

Ask Vaulks what he thinks of the area, he lives near an old pit which now a business park but it’s close to bluebell wood for him

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast