+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the fact that our town is rubbish putting off potential transfer targets?

Is the fact that our town is rubbish putting off potential transfer targets?

Why would anyone move to, or near to Rotherham?

There is nothing to do, nowhere to go, it's unsafe and it's reputation is in tatters.

Given the choice would you move your family here, or go down south?

Nutters on Millersmad could be putting players off?

Nutters on here put posters off for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

There is nothing to do, nowhere to go, it's unsafe and it's reputation is in tatters.
    There are some fantastic places to live in south yorkshire , I'm surprised you haven't noticed .

Within 2 minutes of my house I'm on the Pennine Trail , beautiful countryside and yet 3 miles from Barnsley town centre .

I'm sure Rotherham is suitability served .

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

Its a valid point IBS , but lots of other towns and cities have got similar problems. The grooming catastrophe has certainly blighted the area and any WAG Googling Rotherham won't be eager to uproot to sample South Yorkshire

A lot of the players who sign,don't actually live in Rotherham,they live in the surrounding area's,the main reason players wont come here is,we refuse to pay there wage demands.

i mean even if all things were equal, between two offers on the table....same money, same bonuses for appearances and money, same signing on fee, same length of contract, size of club and fanbase....I still think we would be overlooked.

I think most would choose Gillingham over us.

Players might live outside the town but you are missing the point.

If you play the word association game with anyone in the UK and said what is the first thing that comes in to your mind when I say "Rotherham".....you might get a few saying "chuckle brothers" but I reckon the vast majority would say something else.

Why would someone want their name associated with.....Rotherham?

What crap, have you ever travelled the UK?
    There's plenty worse places than Rotherham who have football teams, try supporting Chelsea it's rather nice round there.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Nutters on Millersmad could be putting players off?
    👍

This

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast