+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Contrast and Compare....

Contrast and Compare....

Leeds Utd [MB] admit sending a guy to watch the opposition from a public footpath - result - EFL/FA decide an inquiry into this heinous lack of gentlemanly conduct [As they haven't actually broken any rules] is needed, and 11 of our closest opponents seek to gain a points advantage to help their own personal cause in the pursuit of the PL..by submitting a signed letter - going as far as to demand we lose points...thus helping them to get closer to the top..[That of course doesn't count as ungentlemanly conduct or whatever they are trying to do us under]...
    Meanwhile across the Penines the Mighty reds decide to clear the oppositions penalty area of snow at half time but leave their own covered in the stuff... thus trying to gain an unfair advantage I assume? and the Premier League, FA et-al have done what? ....errrrr Diddly squat of course - made a few lines in the back of today's paper and that's it.

One rue for everybody else and a whole rule book for LUFC.

Fair play to our Yorkshire rivals by the way - I am told that neither the Blades or the Owls signed the "letter" against us [I have even heard Wilder state on TV he didn't understand the fuss and thought the powers that be should concentrate on real issues like diving / time wasting etc. - Good on the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Leeds Utd [MB] admit sending a guy to watch the opposition from a public footpath - result - EFL/FA decide an inquiry into this heinous lack of gentlemanly conduct [As they haven't actually broken any rules] is needed, and 11 of our closest opponents seek to gain a points advantage to help their own personal cause in the pursuit of the PL..by submitting a signed letter - going as far as to demand we lose points...thus helping them to get closer to the top..[That of course doesn't count as ungentlemanly conduct or whatever they are trying to do us under]...
    Meanwhile across the Penines the Mighty reds decide to clear the oppositions penalty area of snow at half time but leave their own covered in the stuff... thus trying to gain an unfair advantage I assume? and the Premier League, FA et-al have done what? ....errrrr Diddly squat of course - made a few lines in the back of today's paper and that's it.

One rue for everybody else and a whole rule book for LUFC.

Fair play to our Yorkshire rivals by the way - I am told that neither the Blades or the Owls signed the "letter" against us [I have even heard Wilder state on TV he didn't understand the fuss and thought the powers that be should concentrate on real issues like diving / time wasting etc. - Good on the man.
    You're not surprised, surely?

Years of this kind of hypocrisy on the part of ALL footballing authorities when the issue relates to Leeds makes the current "situation" simply par for the course. All we can hope for/expect is that where there is the possibility of challenging FA/EFL stupidity that the club takes it, and does so intelligently (as opposed to the "a la Cellino" strategy of blowing your own feet off with both barrels of the metaphorical shotgun!).

More than that, in particular any shift of the authorities towards handling matters in an even-handed fashion, forget it!
    Last edited by WTF11; 31-01-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Same old song mate, I have no time for either the fl or fa. They pick and chose "there" clubs. We all know who the media darlings are huh. Millwall scum has conveniently once again been swept under the southern carpet.

No not surprised at all - just thought I'd point out this particular farce

Just to be accurate the clubs signing the letter didn't request a points deduction, that was the Bristol City Chairman separately I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    No not surprised at all - just thought I'd point out this particular farce
    But could you imagine if it was us who had done it

Sky Sports news would have done an hour special on it

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Just to be accurate the clubs signing the letter didn't request a points deduction, that was the Bristol City Chairman separately I believe.
    people in Bristol May be too posh to understand football they seem to understand that funny oval ball game much better

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    But could you imagine if it was us who had done it

Sky Sports news would have done an hour special on it
    sky did have a pundit session on it with Chris Sutton, Rio F and Joe Cole. The presenter wanted them to slag Leeds and agree that the book should be thrown at us but Cole and Rio said it was a non event, had been going on for ages and gave no real advantage given the access to video and data on games. Sutton said it was ridiculous too and that cheating on the pitch was far more serious and should be given more attention. The presenter tried to persist but quickly gave up

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)