+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday

Saturday

We need to be united on Saturday and stick by our chairmen in my humble opinion. Unity will make us stronger. And we need to do everything we can to help the players turn it round.

For the anti AH lot I appreciate the anger at the predicament of our beloved club. But been thinking a lot this week (instead of working and sleeping) and I reckon we've lost sight of the following..

* Local lad who wanted the best for our club.

* Since being here average attendances have jumped from 4,800 up to 8,700 last season (currently 6,700 - not bad
    for bottom of the league!).

* Has invested £10m of hard earned money into the club.

* Brought new vision to the club - optimism, new family stand investment, new shirt sponsorship deals, creative ideas to encourage new fans. Two record recent attendances.

* Has been heavily involved at the club. Not a stayaway chairman.

* Has done his best to communicate with fans.

* Moved the club forward at a critical time when Ray Trew was selling up.

* Appreciated fans (buying travelling away Notts fans pasties etc).

Rather than split and become toxic let's stand together against pimps and mansfailed and get going again.

Well said Sir.

Thank you eyepie.

Also whilst willy-gate wasn't ideal talk about blowing out of proportion. Embarrassing mistake. Not many here won't have done something similarly daft? Let's see it for what it was.

I agree with your sentiments about pulling together and supporting the players on saturday but more so from the point of view that there could be potential new buyers in attendance and they need to see there is potential at this club and that it is worth the investment risk.

A good atmosphere, a noisy Kop and a passionate half decent battling performance from the players will go a long way in this respect.

Yes - COYP

Agreed. Let's get behind the team and do our best off the pitch to inspire those on it. COYP!

None of the stuff you've posted really counts for anything if he's the chairman/owner that takes us out of the football league but at least you're trying to look at it in a positive light.

"Has invested £10million of his money into the club" isn't a positive imo when the result of it is where we are now, we could end up with a slightly smarter stadium, a fancy dressing room and the biggest wage bill in league 2 to ever be relegated after he's spent that money and not much else to show for it.

Whatever happens off the pitch I can't see anything other than ice on it – are we gonna get a game on the weekend? I doubt it ...

The frost covers have been on since at least yesterday morning and perhaps longer I think so should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    None of the stuff you've posted really counts for anything if he's the chairman/owner that takes us out of the football league but at least you're trying to look at it in a positive light.

"Has invested £10million of his money into the club" isn't a positive imo when the result of it is where we are now, we could end up with a slightly smarter stadium, a fancy dressing room and the biggest wage bill in league 2 to ever be relegated after he's spent that money and not much else to show for it.
    You can't fault him for his actions in this transfer window.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast